About the Author
- The writing style is friendly and supportive.
- Van Vorous clearly did her homework in terms of reviewing and incorporating scientific findings regarding the effect of food on the digestive system.
- The book provides a nice balance between “easy to grab” food suggestions, as well as more complicated gourmet recipes.
- The book offers simple-to-follow guidelines for incorporating fiber into diet in a safe way.
- Recipes and ingredients appear to be quite nutritious and thus offer benefits for overall health.
- Van Vorous offers a theory regarding the timing of soluble/insoluble fiber that is practical to follow and appeals to common sense. It would be nice to see if her theory is supported by research. According to her website, a Canadian study is ongoing. I look forward to hearing of the results.
Is This Book for You?
Absolutely! This cookbook should be on the kitchen shelf of every IBS sufferer, (as well as anyone who is looking for ideas for healthy eating). Van Vorous’ writing style will make you feel not only that you have your own personal nutritional counselor, but also that you have a new friend –- someone who knows exactly what it is like to deal with IBS on a day to day basis. She has offered a wonderful gift to IBS patients, that of learning to how to once again enjoy food in a way that will not exacerbate unpleasant digestive symptoms.