About.com has a treasure trove of articles packed with information on home exercise. Here, learn how to start an at-home exercise routine.
Before You Buy
- Before You Buy Home Fitness Equipment
Don’t just rush out and buy that shiny machine you saw advertised on television. Spend a few moments thinking about what will work for you. This article covers the various factors you should consider before spending your money.
- How to Buy Exercise Equipment for Your Home
Which equipment is right for you? Here you will find an overview of popular equipment options.
- How to Choose Your Best Home Gym Equipment
If your interest is in weight training, this article will guide you in setting up a comprehensive system.
Best Equipment Choices
- Top 10 Home Exercise Equipment Choices
Before you spend your hard-earned cash, read this article and compare prices.
- Must Have Fitness Equipment for Your Home Gym
Working out on a budget? Make sure you get your basics covered.
- Top 7 Home Gyms and Multi Gyms
Interested in a one-machine-does-it-all system? Here is an overview of some popular gym workstations.
- Wii Fit for IBS: A Stay at Home Exercise Option
Get a workout and have some fun while you are at it!
- Favorite Things for Home Exercise
It doesn’t have to be all about expensive machines. Sometimes, some of the most effective items are the simplest.
Home Exercise Routines
- Total Body Home Workout
This routine will tone your whole body through the use of simple weights.
- Top Ten Exercises for New Weight Trainers
If you are new to weight training, this article will teach you the basics and provide you with a routine to strengthen your whole body.
- Quick Lower Body Workout
Things starting to sag? This simple routine targets your glutes, hips and legs.
- Suggested Sequences of Yoga Poses
Yoga may offer some unique benefits for IBS. Here you will find a quick everyday yoga routine.
- Pilates Videos
Free online videos demonstrate basic pilates exercises.
- How to Stay Fit When You're a Stay at Home Parent
Although this article was written for stay at home parents, it provides excellent ideas for incorporating exercise into your everyday routine.