Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Whether you suffer from constipation or diarrhea, start here to learn about available treatment options.
- IBS Treatment
- Easy Interventions for Mild Problems
- Top Ten Tips for IBS Relief
- IBS Relief Strategies
- How to Find an IBS Doctor
- Is Your Doctor Right for You?
- Tips for Navigating Through the ER
- How To Find a Dietitian
- Self-Care Treatment for IBS-A
- How to Have Healthy Gut Flora
- How to Deal With an IBS Attack
- Reader Tips for Dealing with IBS Attacks
- How To Recover from a GI Infection
- What to Do for IBS and PMS
- Treatment of Fecal Incontinence
- Treatment of Travelers' Diarrhea
- IBS Management Guidelines 2009
Medicine for IBS
The following articles contain information regarding medication options for IBS. Learn about the types of medicine that are available, which ones are most effective, and what side effects one should be concerned about.
- IBS Medications
- Antibiotics for IBS
- Antidepressants for IBS
- Antispasmodics for IBS
- Bentyl for IBS
- Buscopan For IBS
- Amitiza for IBS-C
- Dealing with Nausea from Amitiza
- Linzess for IBS-C and CIC
- Zelnorm for IBS-C
- Xifaxan for Non Constipation IBS
- Lotronex for IBS-D
- Lomotil for Diarrhea
- Medicine in the Pipeline
- How To Find Information on Medicine
Get educated about the pros and cons of over-the-counter remedies for IBS.
- OTCs for IBS
- Herbs and Natural Remedies for IBS
- Best Herbal Teas
- Vitamins for IBS
- Probiotics for IBS
- Is Colon Cleansing Safe?
- Digestive Enzyme Supplements
- Digestive Enzymes for IBS
- Peppermint Oil for IBS
- Slippery Elm for IBS
- How Safe is Aloe Vera?
- Triphala for Digestive Health
- What is Amalaki?
The following articles will provide you with the information you need to decide if alternative treatment options are right for you.
- Mind/Body Treatment for IBS
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for IBS
- Hypnotherapy for IBS
- Guided Imagery for IBS Pain Relief
- Relaxation Exercises
- Does Acupuncture Help IBS?
- Readers Share: Acupuncture Experiences
- Exercise and IBS
- Yoga for IBS
- Yoga and IBS Reader Stories
Read on for guidance as to establishing bowel regularity and relieving the discomfort of constipation.
- Constipation Treatment Guide
- Free E-Course: Coping with Chronic Constipation
- Prescription Medicine for Constipation
- Comprehensive Laxative Guide
- Self Care for Constipation
- Readers' Tips for Constipation
- What To Do About Hard Stools
- What To Eat for Constipation
- How To Eat When You Have Constipation
- Tips for Eating for Constipation
- Increasing Fiber
- Biofeedback for Constipation
- Bowel Retraining for Constipation
- How To Take a Sitz Bath
- Magnesium for Constipation
- Before You Use Cascara Sagrada
- Flaxseed for Constipation
Intense, urgent bout of diarrhea can disrupt your life. Here is where you will get the information you need to help your body to return to a state of digestive wellness.
- Diarrhea Treatment Guide
- Free E-Course: Dealing with Chronic Diarrhea
- Prescription Medicine for Diarrhea
- Self-Care Treatment of IBS-D
- Readers Share: Dealing with IBS-D
- What To Eat for Diarrhea
- What Not To Eat for Diarrhea
- How To Eat When You Have Diarrhea
- What to Eat After Diarrhea
- Readers' Tips for Eating for Diarrhea
- Readers' Tips: Foods To Avoid with Diarrhea
- How to Deal with Urgency
- Don't Try to Empty!
- Readers Share: Urgency Strategies
- Causes of Diarrhea After Eating
- What to Do for Diarrhea After Eating
- Calcium for Diarrhea
- How Safe Is Imodium?
- Anxiety, Stress and Diarrhea
- Travelers' Diarrhea Guide
Gas and Bloating
Gas and bloating, although common, can be very disruptive to a person's quality of life. Learn all about gas and bloating - what contributes to the problem and what you can do about it.
- Gas and Bloating Treatment Guide
- How to Ease Gas Pains Fast
- What Causes Intestinal Gas?
- What To Do for Gas and Bloating
- Top Tips for Bloating Relief
- Readers' Tips for Dealing with Gas and Bloating
- How To Eat When You Have Gas and Bloating
- Most Embarrassing Passed Gas Stories
- Bloating and Distension in IBS
- Top Six Gassy Foods
- Readers Share: Gassy Foods
- Non Gassy Foods
- Readers Share: Safe Non Gassy Foods
Abdominal pain is a hallmark symptom of IBS. The following articles will help you to find some relief.
- IBS Stomach Pain Relief
- Guided Imagery for IBS Pain Relief
- Eating Tips for IBS Pain
- IBS Pain Locations
- Readers Share IBS Pain Relief Tips
- IBS Pain Experiences
- Book Review: Free Yourself From Pain
- Anal Pain: Causes and Relief
- IBS Without Pain
IBS and Children
Stomachaches and other digestive problems can be a common part of childhood. Sometimes symptoms can be so severe that they interrupt a child's daily routine. Here you will find articles related to treatment for children who suffer from IBS.
- IBS in Children FAQs
- When Your Child Has IBS: Advice for Parents
- IBS Parent Stories
- Easing Constipation in Children