From the article: Five Easy Eating Tips for Constipation
Just as certain foods have a reputation for easing constipation, there may be some foods that you avoid when you are constipated. Share what you have learned and find out what foods others have identified as being problematic when you are constipated. Share Your Tips!
Do the reverse of what I do
- I have the reverse problem. I go about six times a day, mostly diarrhea. What helps bulk my stools is what you need to avoid: bananas, rice, potatoes, nuts, seeds. What causes me diarrhea is what you can have more of: juice, caffeinated drinks, melons, stone fruits. In other words, consume foods high in water. Avoid foods that bulk the stools. Meat also helps to bulk stools, but I'm a vegetarian; so I don't eat meat.
- —Guest subduedjoy
- Does milk causes constipation? I drink milk every day and I would like to know if that's my problem.
- —Guest tina
it helps a lot
- hello guys...i also suffered constipation until such time i discovered ginger is also good for constipation...it regulates bowel movement..in my case i didnt poop regularly it takes me 3 to 5 days before going to toilet the reason why i am constipated....i use laxatives as a remedy but i know it has a side effect in the future..so i try to boil a natural ginger and drink 1 glass before sleeping and 1 glass in the morning..it really helps a lot..in the morning i use the toilet to poop...its effective and no side effects because it is natural and not only that it has other nutrients needed by the body...i wish it will work for you too...I share this because i believe its God Blessing for me to know this to end my sufferings in constipation..God bless you..wishing you all a healthy body...
- —Guest robelyn
Fiber, water, and more water
- I used to suffer from chronic constipation until I learned a thing or two, mostly by accident. I learned to eat very little of the things that my body has trouble eliminating, such as turkey, (especially the white meat), crackers, pretzels, white bread, bagels, cheese, white rice, pizza, and pasta, to name a few. Rather, I seek out foods that are higher in fiber, such as fruits, salads, vegetables, and roasted, unsalted peanuts in the shell. occasionally I eat too much of a good thing, (that's bad), so I have to resort to remedies that work for me, such as 100% grape, apple, or pineapple juice. Although, the actual fruit is preferable because it contains more fiber and nutrients. Other foods that help me: Hot or medium salsa, peperoncini, whole dill pickles, whole-grain and multi-grain breads, quinoa, raw celery, carrots, kale or the like. One of the best cures for me is an apple or two. But whatever you use to alleviate the backup, be sure to drink plenty of water with it.
- —Guest Former Sufferer
Prevent or cure constipation:
- Too much protein will cause constipation. Bananas, rice, apples, and toast/bread will stop diarrhea so can constipate you even though they have fiber. Best to avoid those things. Drink plenty of water and eat natural foods (fruits, veg, meats) with minimal preparation/ processing - grapes are better for you than grape juice. Best prevention tip: remember this: FRUITS THAT START WITH "P" WILL MAKE YOU POOP! REGULARLY! Peaches, pineapple, pears, plums, prunes, papaya! Also: FRUITS EATEN WITH THE PEEL ON WILL MAKE YOU POOP! Peaches, pears, plums, grapes, blueberries, raisins, berries, cherries, cranberry, dates, prunes, figs, etc. Drink water instead of any other beverage most of the time. Take 3,000mg of fish oil capsules twice daily if the fruit and water isn't enough. Fish oil is also great for your heart. Guaranteed to work. Good health to you!
- do not eat meat, cheese, peanut butter or bananas! drink water and cranberry juice and eat yogurt that has fiber, a lot of oranges and apples, veggies too hop.ps im a CNA
- —Guest Guero
- I've been suffering from constipation for years now, but yesterday was the worst, I felt faint, was sweating so badly, it felt like I was giving birth was in the toilet for almost an hour, standing up and down pacing with this massive poo up my bum, I really felt like I was about to die with this tree trunk up my bum, after pushing so hard, I was tired, weak. it finally came ou , bloody and massive, could not believe that I had that in me, help me, any one, I've tried almost everything .
- —Guest Tania
to avoid constupation
- Try to avoid non-vegetable food, it will increase the tighten the stool, daily take raw vegetables as a salad, wheat porridge night time, daily exercise, drinking more water, one teaspoon odour free castor oil with banana - take in before going to bed. I am following the above method it gives good results. bakery item should be avoided, better take naturapathy treatment for a month, if you follow it will give good results. Thanking you.
- —Guest hariprabhuk
- Hi great people out there, do no hesitate to take adequate quantity of food complements that contain fiber, enough of green leafy vegetables and about 6-10 glasses of water a day. You may also want to insert one ANUMEX a day to lubricate the anus if you experience some excruciating or unpleasant pain. wish you all well. may ypu all be healed in JESUS' name.
- —Guest SELORM
- avoid chocolate, any form even ice cream or dark chocolate. instead pray.
- —Guest edns mass
rely on flax seeds
- Every morning for breakfast I put about 3-4 teaspoons of ground golden flaxseeds in my juice. Wait about 10 minutes before drinking. You'll get a smooth movement. I love nuts and yes, I think they bind me up. Fighting constipation with the flax seeds the best. consider the balance of water and healthy oils, grains, veggies, fruits. also tried Triphala Churna, an Indian herb. Not expensive and very effective. I find flax dependable, healthy and the most gentle.
- —Guest juddhabuddhaboo
- c'mon my people you have to eat lots of fibre and work out.
- —Guest jonh
What worked for me
- I simply stopped eating bread, rice, pasta, and any white carbs. I originally stopped eating those things to lose weight, but happily it has cured my chronic constipation. I was having a bowel movement once every 4 days if I was lucky for the last 4 years. Now it's twice a day. Of course, don't forget to drink a lot of water too!
- —Guest deb
Remedies for Constipation
- I had been constipated for so long but relying on local remedies now I get bowel movement twice a day. First of all, you can eat everything as long as it is not beef or spicy, (for a few days, eat green vegetables a lot, then gradually start eating chicken and mutton). Try to cook food in Ghee... Start taking fruits on regular basis. Avoid overeating. Eat a lot at breakfast and lunch, however, make sure that you don't overeat. In dinner, take down your diet to 50 percent. Before sleeping, soak husk in a water for half an hour, then eat it with a glass full of warm milk. And don't forget to mix two table spoons of Olive Oil and Two Tablespoons of Honey. Take two glasses of water first thing in the morning, take the water intake to 4 glasses in the morning. Drink 14 to 16 glasses of water a day. Eat 3 to 6 figs daily. just go natural and say goodbye to Constipation.
- —Guest SSS
- I suffer from IBS and have since I was 2, I have (labour) contractions for hrs before I go to the toilet, which make me sweat and be sick! The only thing that relieves this is breakfast! Strong coffee, low fat milk! Brown bread with jam! I have to eat this everyday in order to go regularly! Boring but worth it! And do not eat anything white, bread, rice, pasta! Always it brown! X
- —Guest kayleigh
1-15 of 67Next