From the article: Five Easy Eating Tips for Constipation
Just as certain foods have a reputation for easing constipation, there may be some foods that you avoid when you are constipated. Share what you have learned and find out what foods others have identified as being problematic when you are constipated. Share Your Tips!
Prevent or cure constipation:
- Too much protein will cause constipation. Bananas, rice, apples, and toast/bread will stop diarrhea so can constipate you even though they have fiber. Best to avoid those things. Drink plenty of water and eat natural foods (fruits, veg, meats) with minimal preparation/ processing - grapes are better for you than grape juice. Best prevention tip: remember this: FRUITS THAT START WITH "P" WILL MAKE YOU POOP! REGULARLY! Peaches, pineapple, pears, plums, prunes, papaya! Also: FRUITS EATEN WITH THE PEEL ON WILL MAKE YOU POOP! Peaches, pears, plums, grapes, blueberries, raisins, berries, cherries, cranberry, dates, prunes, figs, etc. Drink water instead of any other beverage most of the time. Take 3,000mg of fish oil capsules twice daily if the fruit and water isn't enough. Fish oil is also great for your heart. Guaranteed to work. Good health to you!
- do not eat meat, cheese, peanut butter or bananas! drink water and cranberry juice and eat yogurt that has fiber, a lot of oranges and apples, veggies too hop.ps im a CNA
- —Guest Guero
- I've been suffering from constipation for years now, but yesterday was the worst, I felt faint, was sweating so badly, it felt like I was giving birth was in the toilet for almost an hour, standing up and down pacing with this massive poo up my bum, I really felt like I was about to die with this tree trunk up my bum, after pushing so hard, I was tired, weak. it finally came ou , bloody and massive, could not believe that I had that in me, help me, any one, I've tried almost everything .
- —Guest Tania
to avoid constupation
- Try to avoid non-vegetable food, it will increase the tighten the stool, daily take raw vegetables as a salad, wheat porridge night time, daily exercise, drinking more water, one teaspoon odour free castor oil with banana - take in before going to bed. I am following the above method it gives good results. bakery item should be avoided, better take naturapathy treatment for a month, if you follow it will give good results. Thanking you.
- —Guest hariprabhuk
- Hi great people out there, do no hesitate to take adequate quantity of food complements that contain fiber, enough of green leafy vegetables and about 6-10 glasses of water a day. You may also want to insert one ANUMEX a day to lubricate the anus if you experience some excruciating or unpleasant pain. wish you all well. may ypu all be healed in JESUS' name.
- —Guest SELORM
- avoid chocolate, any form even ice cream or dark chocolate. instead pray.
- —Guest edns mass
rely on flax seeds
- Every morning for breakfast I put about 3-4 teaspoons of ground golden flaxseeds in my juice. Wait about 10 minutes before drinking. You'll get a smooth movement. I love nuts and yes, I think they bind me up. Fighting constipation with the flax seeds the best. consider the balance of water and healthy oils, grains, veggies, fruits. also tried Triphala Churna, an Indian herb. Not expensive and very effective. I find flax dependable, healthy and the most gentle.
- —Guest juddhabuddhaboo
- c'mon my people you have to eat lots of fibre and work out.
- —Guest jonh
What worked for me
- I simply stopped eating bread, rice, pasta, and any white carbs. I originally stopped eating those things to lose weight, but happily it has cured my chronic constipation. I was having a bowel movement once every 4 days if I was lucky for the last 4 years. Now it's twice a day. Of course, don't forget to drink a lot of water too!
- —Guest deb
Remedies for Constipation
- I had been constipated for so long but relying on local remedies now I get bowel movement twice a day. First of all, you can eat everything as long as it is not beef or spicy, (for a few days, eat green vegetables a lot, then gradually start eating chicken and mutton). Try to cook food in Ghee... Start taking fruits on regular basis. Avoid overeating. Eat a lot at breakfast and lunch, however, make sure that you don't overeat. In dinner, take down your diet to 50 percent. Before sleeping, soak husk in a water for half an hour, then eat it with a glass full of warm milk. And don't forget to mix two table spoons of Olive Oil and Two Tablespoons of Honey. Take two glasses of water first thing in the morning, take the water intake to 4 glasses in the morning. Drink 14 to 16 glasses of water a day. Eat 3 to 6 figs daily. just go natural and say goodbye to Constipation.
- —Guest SSS
- I suffer from IBS and have since I was 2, I have (labour) contractions for hrs before I go to the toilet, which make me sweat and be sick! The only thing that relieves this is breakfast! Strong coffee, low fat milk! Brown bread with jam! I have to eat this everyday in order to go regularly! Boring but worth it! And do not eat anything white, bread, rice, pasta! Always it brown! X
- —Guest kayleigh
the end of constipation !
- hello people, i been suffering from constipation over years now. I hope it works with everyone, I simply followed a diet full of everything - diarrhea products - nuts - whole grains - vaggis - also fruits and water of cures and exercise (Abs Workout ) ..what im trying to tell you , DO NOT AVOID any kind of food , just increase the fiber and fluids intake in your body, when u actually avoid to some kind of food long term , your body start to be allergic to it and after time u will be constipatied if u ever eat that kind of food again , i really say that from personal experience , so simply increase the amount of veggies and fluids and exercise in your body and try to eat less fats and sweets , oh btw , olive oil is the best to soften your stool , just use it everytime u eat your veggies , try to take at least 5 big spoons per day of oilve oil its really helps :) also abs workout really really helps and its improving your bowel system , trust me :)
- —Guest Eslam
- I have read most of your comments, and have found no mention of nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant & all varieties of peppers, to include peppery spices) being a cause of constipation. My doctors characterized my constipation as “severe” since I was having very difficult bowel movements only every 7 to 10 days, on average. I was given a prescription laxative, was asked to take a double dose of Miralax along with Metamucil and report back in three months. I got some relief, but still far from normal. I knew of the effects nightshades on arthritis, so I decided to research the effects of nights on constipation. I found that constipation can be a side effect of eating nightshades (I found no mention of nightshades when I searched “constipation”.) I have totally eliminated nightshades from my diet for 1 1/2 months at this point … and I have had a bowel movement everyday except two days. So there you have it; you be the judge.
- Constipation was a way of life for me and I didn't even realize it until I began studying health & nutrition for my family, friends and myself. Firstly, I learnt that wheat is toxic even without a gluten allergy. It's genetically engineered to slow metabolism (causing constipation), increase hunger & it destroys the liver. Avoid! Sugar, MSG (flavor enhancer E621 or other E numbered flavor enhancers), artificial sweeteners, preservatives, soy, dairy or meat products consumed in large quantities or too frequently, hydrolyzed (processed for cooking) oils which aren't Extra Virgin (unprocessed) and environmental allergies all cause our bodies' systems to become clogged and bottlenecked. Soaked Flax seeds, aloe vera leaf, 5 servings of fruit per day, plenty of veggies (especially green), exercise, adequate sleep, sufficient water, prunes and organic apple cider vinegar all cause regularity. My whole life I used the toilet once every 2 or 3 days. With the above diet, 3 times every day!!!
- —Guest Lance
Ive been constipated for the longest :'(
- i am also suffering from constipation i suggest you to use barley porridge. and don't eat with full stomach. eat less to retain some hunger.
- —Guest maaz
1-15 of 63Next