From the article: What Not to Eat for Diarrhea
When you have diarrhea, it is hard to know what to eat. It is also important to know what not to eat. It may seem like common sense to avoid eating a bowl of spicy chili, but maybe you didn't know that diet soda might aggravate your symptoms. Find out what foods other people avoid when they have diarrhea and share your experience regarding foods that have the potential for making you feel worse. Name the Culprit!
- I find dairy really does a number on my stomach so I avoid it.
- —Guest Robin
- I dearly love eggs, but whenever I eat them I take a chance that diarrhea will occur, so I most definitely would not eat eggs or most dairy products if I already was suffering with diarrhea. That would be cruel to a body that needs to recuperate.
- —Guest lila
- I normally have flaxseed on my cereal each morning. But when diarrhea starts, the flaxseed is the first thing I cut out. I hate that I can't always benefit from the health benefits of flaxseed, but I can't take the risk that it is going to make my IBS-D worse.
- —Guest powergirl
Dairy is daring!
- Anything dairy based I must avoid and most definitely cannot eat lettuce or gassy veggies like that!
- —Guest mmmmmfaae
Cauliflower and broccoli!
- Any gaseous veggies, some dairy. I stay away from ice cream!! Any fancy drinks from Starbucks.
- —Guest Hershey squirt
- Anything fried gives me diarrhea. Beans, chili and eggs also. Basically anything that tastes good :)
- —Guest Hails
cold press juice
- I juiced kale, celery, cucumber, apple and drank the remaining 1litre 48 hours later after storing it in the fridge. could it be the juice that went off that is causing my frequent toilet trips for 3 days now or my excessive drinking or both?
- —Guest Art
- Any eggs bother my IBS if I don't get terrible diarrhea I get gas that hurts very bad, boiled eggs are 10 x's the gas. I can eat egg beaters, or just egg whites and take beano and then I don't get the runs. I can't have beans, red meat, fried anything, chocolate anything, no caffeine, no artificial sweeteners, only clear soda. The best thing I can have at night is cinnamon apple tea (has chamomile) and animal crackers. It calms my stomach down for the night. No wheat anything, no brown rice or whole grains. I can eat White rice, broiled chicken and fish, cooked green beans, peas ( with beano) small servings of cooked spinach, applesauce, toast, yams ( sweet potatoes and pumpkin stop diarrhea in dogs) pumpkin, ground turkey (white meat only) I can have pasta with turkey tomato sauce, activia and greek yogurt, toast with margarine or jelly, egg beaters, English muffins (they are less carbs for my diabetes) home-made cooked apples, cooked carrots, cooked mushrooms, crackers soup.
- —Guest montique
Foods that kill me!
- I can't eat fast foods especially french fries! Chinese food is starting to affect me as well! Coffee is a huge culprit for me as well!
- —Guest Sue
Foods and drinks I have to sadly avoid.
- I have found that I can't eat macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, tacos/nachos, chicken, pork chops, any kind of alfredo dishes, eggs & bacon, cakes, pies, frozen dinners, pizza, spaghetti, lasagna..okay to make this list short..I will just tell you that any kind of pasta (doesn't matter what kind of sauce I add or even plain, they all do me in). Orange juice, coffee, milkshakes, milk (but weirdly not all of the time), alcohol, fruit juices I have to stick to toast (with grape jam or peanut butter -very lightly buttered), water, sprite, plain white rice, popcorn, boiled potatoes (plain), crackers, bananas and fish. I have never been treated or diagnosed for IBS officially by a doctor, but I am more than certain that I have this unfortunate condition. I wish everyone the best of better health and days.
- —Guest Ruby
- Guys and girls I suggest staying away from these drinks. Nice they can be but do your stomach a hell of a toilet party especially energy drinks. Peace
- —Guest ouchmystomach
- Acidic foods, greasy food, oils. When I feel my stomach going I cut out anything that might hurt me; berries, fruit, gassy veggies, vinegars, spices. Best thing to do is drink water, take pepto bismol, and eat things like rice cakes or white bread to soak up the nasty and get it out of you faster. After that sleeping through the wait helps.
- —Guest Tired and sore
- It takes more than avoiding GLUTEN. The FULL package includes the inability to digest EGG. Then there are the foods with similar gluten-like response: COFFEE---DAIRY---YEAST (bakers yeast / brewers yeast)---LACTIC ACID STARTERS---SOY AND CORN.
- I find that coffee has a delayed response. I'm fine the day I drink coffee, it's a day or two later when I start having diarrhea. Lucky charms have been a killer for me since I was a kid. Good to know someone else has problems with lucky charms. Cereals in general kill me mostly when I eat them at night. I am guaranteed diarrhea in the morning.
- —Guest AK
- Chocolate gave me diarrhea. Very bad diarrhea. I had to be on the toilet for about 15 minutes! Not fun!
- —Guest Jessica
1-15 of 78Next