When you have diarrhea, it is hard to know what to eat. It is also important to know what not
to eat. It may seem like common sense to avoid eating a bowl of spicy chili, but maybe you didn't know that diet soda might aggravate your symptoms. Find out what foods other people avoid when they have diarrhea and share your experience regarding foods that have the potential for making you feel worse. Name the Culprit!
- I find dairy really does a number on my stomach so I avoid it.
- —Guest Robin
- I dearly love eggs, but whenever I eat them I take a chance that diarrhea will occur, so I most definitely would not eat eggs or most dairy products if I already was suffering with diarrhea. That would be cruel to a body that needs to recuperate.
- —Guest lila
- I normally have flaxseed on my cereal each morning. But when diarrhea starts, the flaxseed is the first thing I cut out. I hate that I can't always benefit from the health benefits of flaxseed, but I can't take the risk that it is going to make my IBS-D worse.
- —Guest powergirl
- Pizza rolls get me, destroy me all day, not to mention seafood as well.
- —Guest regret
I am completely lost
- Hi everyone.
I just started felling sick recently and the people around me mean well .
But I need real advice what can I eat I go.
And try to eat something great I get sick.
Allot my favorites I cannot have so.
Now I exist on soup tea and small plates
Of food I am cool with this but I miss being.
Able to let go and just eat enjoy but I can't so i was sad and it's effecting the people I love and etc so thank god for this ite I am now not alone just lost cause.
This is so new .
- —Guest Tina
- My problem came out of the blue
Always a healthy gal i know have it
I am trying to stay away from bad food
But I miss coffee and other items .
Fried chicken and all other things.
- —Guest Tina
- I am so sick of this gas and upset stomach and I cannot pinpoint anything in particular
For two weeks now everything I eat is on its way out within the hour, no warning so am currently housebound, lucky I am on holidays.
Have been putting up with it for years but seems to be getting worse.
I only eat once a day, never go to restaurants what a crap life in more ways than one.
I feel for all you others out there truly.
- —Guest Sickofit
certain things i can't eat
- I can not eat hot dogs, chicken fried steak or hashbrowns, I can't have frosting, boiled eggs or capachino theese certain foods will give me a big painful gas ache and then I need to get to the bathroom and it sucks :(
- —Guest coleen
Foods that hurt!
- Here's my list of no-no foods:
Milk- even though I love it
The list goes on but I can't think of anything else. I'm still learning what to, and not to eat.
- —Guest Mark
chocolates and sweets
- When i eat these things my stomach gets upset just after six hrs.
- —Guest nurshma. joh
- Chillies are the devils toe. Within 12 hours of eating any chilli based food, I will have painful diarrhea and of course a ring of fire.
- —Guest Adam
- Thanx for all the tips I will take them aboard because its the only way I will get ride of these killing pains cus I am only 14
- —Guest mayha
Lettuce Coffee Popcorn Chocolate
- All of these things are my triggers. I am undiagnosed but I always end up with diarrhea from these.
- —Guest Ember
Eggs and sugar
- Immediate or the next day, eggs give me diarrhea.
Coffee used to, but hasn't for years.
Anything greasy aggravates my IBS.
Too many sugary sweets or cereals gives me horrid gas.
- —Guest Patricia
Dairy is daring!
- Anything dairy based I must avoid and most definitely cannot eat lettuce or gassy veggies like that!
- —Guest mmmmmfaae