- I'm a 25 year old female no children, yet. I've had these "flare ups" since childhood. And by flare ups I mean excruciating pain where I'm fighting vomiting it hurts so bad. I've spent at least 30% of my lifetime on or near a toilet. Feeling the constant urge to go while in pain and nauseous. Doctors have never fully diagnosed me with IBS but they've also said it could be Lactose Intolerance, Celiacs disease, Ulcerative Colitis & Crohns. I've never found relief from anything. I've been fired from a job for taking too many bathroom trips & the list goes on. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and if this is similar to child bearing, well I'm not deterred :) But definitely wish I could find help.
- —Guest Christina
- Contractions. Sometimes the pain is so bad, I have to literally do the breathing exercises that I did when I had my first baby. I am 51 and have had this since I was approximately 29. It has ruled my life. I have to use a motorized cart at Walmart and other places with concrete floors, because walking on concrete exacerbates IBS symptoms.
- —Guest Netnron
- I don't think its IBS but I have bad cramps and nausea. If I go to the bathroom at these times I have diarrhea. I get this maybe once and month and it's terrible. I wish I could sleep and wake up better but the trouble is getting to sleep with this. I get all gassy and once I relieve a lot of gas I feel fine for a little then it comes back. If you know what this is contact me.
- —Guest What?
- I've had ibs since I was 10, I am 21 now and have missed out on pretty much all my childhood. I dropped out of school at 15 and didn't do my exams because the ibs and anxiety got so bad, I've attempted suicide because I can't deal with the pain and not being able to leave my house (which I haven't for about 3 years) at first my family were sympathetic about my ibs but now they just see it as "oh you got a belly ache again". I don't know what to do and all I can think of is killing myself so I can just be rid of this nightmare. Most people think that ibs is just a bit of pain bit its not its a lot of pain, I've got tattoos, piercing and streched ears but ibs is a worse pain that all of it put together.
- —Guest faithless anf hopeless
IBS the devils curse
- I was recently diagnosed with ibs. This came right after I lost 12 lbs from this diet I was on... I rather I have kept the weight then deal with ibs. I haven't had a regular bm in several months, I am constantly depressed , this is just taking over my social life. I love to travel , but I can't because I'm scared I'll have a flare up. As I type right now I am experiencing the worst cramps ever! I go to the bathroom at least 10 times at day but I don't have productive bm . The bentyl I was prescribed does absolutely nothing for me... I'm 24 and this can't be life for me :(
- —Guest Susie Q
IBS and horrible sharp pains
- I have IBS for the past 30 years. it didn't trouble as much as it does now for the past 2 years. my doc has put me on a low fiber, low fat diet. I am on antibiotics and Librax. The pain is still there, at times it feels as if my insides are being ripped out. What else can be done to eliminate this torture? I am on a low fat and low fiber diet, no meat, milk etc.
- —Guest Saira
- My stomach hurts 24-7, im scared to go out because the pain gets so bad. when im walking i have to stop until it passes then make a mad rush for the nearest toilet which is not easy when ive got my 4 children with me and all i feel like doing is crying and screaming. its so much worse than child birth. the drs haven't given me anything for it so i just had to put up with it.
- —Guest Em
I hate it!!!
- It's the worst thing ever to have to live with. The pain is unbearable & nobody understands it...it feels like someone's ripping my insides out & stabbing me with the sharpest knives ever. I feel weak, tired, feverish & faint...there's absolutely no quality of life...& people just say...oh, you have a stomach ache again?
- —Guest Mana
Middle of the night pain
- (I'm 14) I woke up at three AM this morning with pain in my lower stomach. Really sharp pains, it was so bad I couldn't sit up or lay down without forcing myself to do it fast. The pain went away when I took 2 extra strength Tums, and used a heating pad. I know its not period pain. Feels like gas, but nothing happens when I try and fart. I had only one BM today, and it was really watery, like diarrhea. The pain has been there all day, but definitely not as bad as this morning. I'm not sure if its IBS or what, but I just want it gone. It's in my lower stomach, below my belly button.
- —Guest Meg
- The pain never ends, just lightens up at times, been dealing with this for over 28 yrs. Took every test but Doctors say I have to live with it, it's hard. Meds work then they don't but in another guest comment Ativan does stop the anxiety of feeling hopeless.
- —Guest Steve
- Hi everybody i know exactly how you feel i have servere sympyoms with my ibs. I wake up in the morning with a fairly flat stomache and by night time my clothes are tight and my stomache is bloated so that i look 6 months pregnant. It causes abdominal and back pain sometimes griping pain but others like my stomache is being twisted and turned inside out. I have had blood tests but the doctors say its ibs although the only treatment i find has worked is morphine in the a&e department. It truly is ruining my life and i don't know when the pain is going to ease of and i just get diarrhea out of the blue. I hope you all have more luck getting pain relief than i have. x
- —Guest chloe
- it does resemble birth contractions, coming in waves, trying to breath through the pain, feeling nauseous. My abdomen is so distended, I look pregnant. Abdomen hurts to touch and causing pain in my back. Today's IBS has been the worst, lasting more than 6 hours so far.
- —Guest sb
Sharp stabbing pain
- I have had IBS for years but over the last two years it has become increasingly intolerable. I have sharp stabbing pains in both my left and right lower abdomen, it tends to ease when I go to the toilet but it can take up to 3 to 4 days before I go and then it starts all over again. It's interfering with my job and causing complete misery. I take mebeverine and peppermint oil to help ease my symptoms, painkillers don't help whatsoever. At my wits end!
- —Guest SueD
Pain of IBS flare up
- My Pain began over 4 years ago. I find that its triggered by Stress and Menstruatal cycle. The gas that is trapped in my stomach extends all the way up my back and into my neck. Diarrhea is usually my first sign that this gas pain is on its way. The pain is worst than labor. I look like I'm 5 months pregnant and the feeling of the pressure usually puts my in tears. My flare ups have lasted as long as 2 weeks straight. My doctor prescribed me Belladonna which really is a life saver with the pain, but it doesn't help the gas to pass out of my body so when the medication wears off the pain starts all over. Nausea, sweating, diarrhea, extreme pain, white as the walls, and Gas that travels all the way up my back!! This is definitely a bad joke that life has thrown at me. I am not capable of doing anything except lie in bed in a fetal position, rock myself and cry. It's horrible and I don't wish this upon anybody.
- —Guest Annette
- I've had IBS four about four years or so. All I can say is that it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I once sprained my ankle so bad the doctor said it would have been better if I had broken it, because literally everything was turn aside from my skin. My first reaction to that was to laugh. I mean, it really hurt, but I just laughed. The IBS pain almost brings me to tears. I feel like I'm about to vomit or faint, and the only way to get relief is to wait about an hour before I basically pee out of my butt. I've even prayed to a God I don't believe in to just kill me. Afterwards I'm absolutely drained of energy and I just can't do anything. It can strike anywhere and at any time, but dairy products and greasy food or carbonated beverages definitely make it worse. I really don't wish this on anybody.
- —Guest Rebecca