is this something
- Hey so my doctor seem to think I have IBS which is right cause I have all the stuff that comes with it! Anyways my left side of the stomach is swollen and when I push under the breast it hurts and all in my ribs now on the right side is all pushed in and hurts a lot under the breast bone and at the side to! Is that related to IBS to? I was wondering if anyone else has a push in right side and a swollen left side and also have IBS. I have problem going number two like I go once every two days and when I fell like I have to go I can't go, anyone else have that to? I'm afraid to go anywhere to the fear I'll get stomach cramps or really bad pains. I even don't get my period from time to time like I skip it for 3 months at a time! I'm only 24 and the specialist told me I'm too young to have a colon test. But does anyone else have this problem?
- —Guest marissa
What do I have ?
- A while back, I was hospitalized, guess I had an infection in my small intestine. They never found out why. But, ever since then, I have had mushy BM's, not trying to be gross, have to go all the time it seems like & it never feels like I'm completely finished. My bum constantly burns afterwards, gets itchy. I have woken up to go pee in the middle of the night, and after, I've doubled over on the floor with horrible stomach pain, more toward the lower pubic hair line. After rocking doubled over for about a half hour, it seems to go away. But, it definitely feels swollen in the rear part as well. I hate leaving the house, I never know when it's going to happen, not to mention running to the Bathroom. I stay away from greasy foods, that only makes it worse. Anyone else have the same problems ?
- I do not know what it is like to have a period but the cramps I receive during an IBS attack make me feel as if I can sort of identify with women. My pain is in the lower middle abdomen and shoots pain down to my rectum. It stresses me out beyond belief which only makes it worse and since I also suffer from anxiety, the situation is impenetrable. Gas, bloating, vomiting, thank you Mom for passing this down to me.
- My pain is in the rt side under ribs, i feel like someone has stabbed me with a machete all the way thru to my back, feels like an open wound and someone is pouring salt in it while they are twisting the knife. Hurts so bad i get what i call the shiver shakes, i pray that it is only feels like labor pains because that would be 100% better. My bm looks like a porcupine, like i have chewed off my nails and they are sticking out of my bm. Also feels like i have some kind of animal inside when i am taking my bm that is clawing me on the inside all the way down, i even scream when i have bm. Lord please help me.
- —Guest Wendy McIlveene
Finally hearing symptoms like mine
- Just had a bad bout of pain. Of course it woke me up out of a dead sleep as usual. the pain is unreal. it get so bad it makes me shake all over. And the gas I have is really not normal. Then I have to vomit and it gets better. But sometimes something as small as tums help. This stuff is so terrible. And btw I've had 2 children and it is like having small contractions sometimes.
- —Guest Tracey
Not sure what this is
- I have periodic gas pains.. ( gas x my friend) I have started hurting..with painful spasm, bulging feeling on lower left side and it feels deep towards my back.. Resorted to colon cleanser and prunes, extra fiber for relief of constipation.. Very uncomfortable.. Sex is too uncomfortable when the symptoms are present .. Is this ibs ??
- —Guest Gigi
Pain worse than contractions in labor
- Thank you so much for all these comments. I have had this happen only twice but both times I ended up in ER in middle of the night. Pains made my vomit so much I was almost unconscious from dehydration. I will follow up with my doctor to change diet or do whatever it takes to never have that pain again.
- —Guest Quest
IBS taking over
- Ibs is awful its literally taken over my life the bloating is so severe I can't wear pretty dresses as I get asked if im pregnant. I can't drink alcohol which is depressing me and I literally can't eat a thing without upsetting it. This all happened 6 months after I had my 1st baby and I pray one day it will disappear. The pains in the morning when I wake up are hateful just like period pain. I also get cramps during the day especially when im stressed out I've cut out coffee and chewing gum that has really helped.
- —Guest Juliette
- SEVERE spasming contractions in my gut that start just below my right breast and penetrates all the way through the exact opposite side of my back. These symptoms last me for five days, but I am only going to write about the first three days. The first three days are the most horrifying days for me. These severe attacks last me for three days straight without stopping. I can't eat, sleep, or leave the house. My esophagus muscles fail to function I can't even swallow water and if I dare take a sip it goes down hard as if I we're swallowing hard cement. Vicodin does nothing for me so I don't bother taking it.
- —Guest Sylvia
- It feels like something has grabbed my insides and is pulling down on them. I can't stand, I get light headed, and my ears fade in and out. Sitting or laying down helps relieve the pain. Comparable to the pain of kidney stones, but in a different location.
- —Guest Jimmy
It Gets Better
- I started having trouble at age 15 or so. Started off as just occasional upset and then went downhill fast. Pain and embarrassing noises where my biggest issue. I developed a huge anxiety for quiet places and I was terrified to leave home in fear of an 'episode'. When I went away to college something had to be done, I had to go to class and get over this issue. After tons of home remedies and doctors visits I have switched to dairy free foods, and cut out greasy stuff entirely. I plan classes later in the day because the morning is my worst time. Last but definitely not least my doctor gave me hycosomine! Life saver! I swear that stuff has changed my life. I rarely ever have issues anymore. Best of luck to anyone with this issue, it can be terrible...
- —Guest Amelia
Is this really IBS
- I have a constant ache in my back and lower left side towards groin area, it started after a bout of cystitis but bloods for kidney function were good. I had a colonoscopy and that was clear too! I don't have cramping and I go to the toilet every day mainly and they are not watery stools, loose mainly but they have always been that way!! I think it is a gynecological problem but doctor says it's IBS!!!!
- —Guest Nala
Is it IBS?
- For about 3 years I've had bad gas pains, occasional bouts of belching and occasional left-sided discomfort under my ribs--feels like an organ or my intestine is inflamed/irritated. My bm's are 1x/day and almost always soft and not runny. My symptoms disappear following my bm for at least a few hours. I went gluten-free and that has helped tremendously (but not completely) with everything but the left-sided abd. pain which returned (after a few months of relief) after a night of moderate drinking. The next day, my left side was tender to the touch and the gas returned for a day or two. That was 10 days ago. I'm still having mild left-sided pain and also some cramping on that side. I've had CT's, blood work (including tests for Celiac) and ultrasounds. Everything always comes back normal. Compared to most of what I've read on here, my problem is tolerable, but my biggest fear is it's something life-threatening like cancer. Any thoughts? I pray to the Lord Jesus for your permanent relief.
- —Guest Sandy
Check your pancreas
- I've had upper left abdominal pain for 15 years that grew increasingly worse. I've been to 7-8 different GI doctors - had every test known to man and all they kept telling me was IBS. This was BS for me as I have regular bowel movements. Came down with acute pancreatitis 18 months ago - took two ERCP procedures but finally found and fixed the problem - I have pancreas divisum. Have your Amylase and Lipase (pancreatic hormones) checked - could be your pancreas behind your undiagnosed problems.
- —Guest BT
- My doctor gave me muscle spasm medicine and muscle relaxers. I take those and believe it or not it goes away.
- —Guest here