- at the moment pin like prodding sensation under my bust and around. dr, says its my ibs, anyone else had it?
- —Guest sndra oxley
- I have been suffering from IBS for about 2 years now and also experience vasovagal reflex which is the unbearable pain, sweats, aching muscles, all that you have previous described. Now I'm no doctor and I would always suggest being checked out by one first but I eat pineapple which is good for the gut, take probiotics, high dose. Don't eat gluten, diary, onions, broccoli, cabbage. Eat a little and often. I am also lucky to have a fantastic husband who when I start to feel poorly gives me reiki which works for me. Also when you start to get the pain, cross your legs, squeeze your muscles together in the tops of your legs and lean forward. Good luck to you all, I know how horrid this is but the trick I'm sure is healing your gut and DON'T get stressed and anxious!
- —Guest Jay
It can get better
- Cramping! Stabbing! The pain gets so bad I throw up at time and that is the worst! I sweat bad as if im on fire so I found it helps when I make my self so cold that my body is freezing and everyone around. I will keep feeling like I have to go but nothing and I believe at most times I am really going to die and to try to help the pain I bit my hand to try to get the pain to go somewhere else. Well I will say that since my hysto at age 25 and im now 28 I really haven't had any problems. Before that I would not leave my house everyone would try to get me to leave but I would take to steps out side and run right to the bathroom everytime I could feel good hours before but dont dare step outside like my stomach had control over me! I was 17 when it started on me and school and school bus rides where so scary for me everyday! But to the girl that thinks she will never leave her home again there is hope and I really thought the same way when I was your age im to young to live like this.
- —Guest amy
IBS I think not
- I am cramping awful! But it is mainly at night! I do not have diarrhea, usually have a soft bowel every few days. I get little relief from a very hot tub & heating pad. It usually gets unbearable 12 pm to 2:30 ish am. It hurts around my stomach and back. I need sleep.
- —Guest Carolyn
- Hi, I feel your pain. IBS, fibro, lupus, endometriosis, hysterectomy, gallbladder surgery. But, I have come across help!! Try an elimination diet. It's best to cut back all possible trigger foods in the beginning. you may just be incredibly amazed. My fibro-fog is going away too!!! Respond if you want more info. I can share. :)
- —Guest julie
Crying and screaming in pain
- I have had ibs symptoms for 3 years now, next week I am finally going to my doctor for it (finally got health insurance) & I am really scared that it is gonna turn out to be ibs and there is gonna be nothing they can do about it. My ibs pain is so bad that I cry and sometimes scream. The other horrible part is is that my family and friends just assume that I am being a baby and "how bad can it really hurt". It definite flares up after drinking a lot of caffeine or eating greasy food, or around my period . I have also noticed that it gets really unbearable if I anxious (which I am a lot, usually get horrible cramping and stabbing pain in my intestines and have diarrhea 5-10 times a day. It keeps me from going out with friends and having a social life. I'm 21 and I can't imagine living my life like this. As I'm reading everyone's post I'm literally crying cause I know how bad it really is and am not looking forward to spending the rest of my life like this, if you can really call this a life.
- —Guest Ruining my life
- I've been in pain for 3 days now and I don't know what's going on but I've cried, I've screamed in pain, I need help. It starts with sharp stabbing pain in my head then my stomach goes in complete knots, I sweat, mouth waters, and then of course all I can do is throw up and pass watery bowel movements. I go to bed rocking in pain and it lets up when I fall asleep but I wake up so sweaty and starting the cycle all over. I don't know what is but I see some similarities with everyone's post. Pray you all get peace. Thank you.
- —Guest hurting1
- I have diagnosed myself with IBS because despite seeing about 6 different medical specialists for the intense, constant pain I have felt for about 5 years now, no Dr. has ever even suggested IBS (C type). I have done elimination diets myself, and decided that this is what I indeed suffer from, and I empathize with ALL of you on here. I feel like my insides are being twisted, pulled out, turned inside out, yanked, etc... I get bloated to the point where I look like i am 8 months pregnant. I cannot even touch my abdomen ANYWHERE its that painful. It keeps me awake at night, mostly in tears. I have cut out basically every food that I enjoy (dairy, gluten, caffeine, animal protein, chocolate), and do not have much of a social life because this horrible dis-ease RUNS my life. Its a NIGHTMARE.
- —Guest crochetchick
- I'm a 25 year old female no children, yet. I've had these "flare ups" since childhood. And by flare ups I mean excruciating pain where I'm fighting vomiting it hurts so bad. I've spent at least 30% of my lifetime on or near a toilet. Feeling the constant urge to go while in pain and nauseous. Doctors have never fully diagnosed me with IBS but they've also said it could be Lactose Intolerance, Celiacs disease, Ulcerative Colitis & Crohns. I've never found relief from anything. I've been fired from a job for taking too many bathroom trips & the list goes on. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and if this is similar to child bearing, well I'm not deterred :) But definitely wish I could find help.
- —Guest Christina
- Contractions. Sometimes the pain is so bad, I have to literally do the breathing exercises that I did when I had my first baby. I am 51 and have had this since I was approximately 29. It has ruled my life. I have to use a motorized cart at Walmart and other places with concrete floors, because walking on concrete exacerbates IBS symptoms.
- —Guest Netnron
- I don't think its IBS but I have bad cramps and nausea. If I go to the bathroom at these times I have diarrhea. I get this maybe once and month and it's terrible. I wish I could sleep and wake up better but the trouble is getting to sleep with this. I get all gassy and once I relieve a lot of gas I feel fine for a little then it comes back. If you know what this is contact me.
- —Guest What?
- I've had ibs since I was 10, I am 21 now and have missed out on pretty much all my childhood. I dropped out of school at 15 and didn't do my exams because the ibs and anxiety got so bad, I've attempted suicide because I can't deal with the pain and not being able to leave my house (which I haven't for about 3 years) at first my family were sympathetic about my ibs but now they just see it as "oh you got a belly ache again". I don't know what to do and all I can think of is killing myself so I can just be rid of this nightmare. Most people think that ibs is just a bit of pain bit its not its a lot of pain, I've got tattoos, piercing and streched ears but ibs is a worse pain that all of it put together.
- —Guest faithless anf hopeless
IBS the devils curse
- I was recently diagnosed with ibs. This came right after I lost 12 lbs from this diet I was on... I rather I have kept the weight then deal with ibs. I haven't had a regular bm in several months, I am constantly depressed , this is just taking over my social life. I love to travel , but I can't because I'm scared I'll have a flare up. As I type right now I am experiencing the worst cramps ever! I go to the bathroom at least 10 times at day but I don't have productive bm . The bentyl I was prescribed does absolutely nothing for me... I'm 24 and this can't be life for me :(
- —Guest Susie Q
IBS and horrible sharp pains
- I have IBS for the past 30 years. it didn't trouble as much as it does now for the past 2 years. my doc has put me on a low fiber, low fat diet. I am on antibiotics and Librax. The pain is still there, at times it feels as if my insides are being ripped out. What else can be done to eliminate this torture? I am on a low fat and low fiber diet, no meat, milk etc.
- —Guest Saira
- My stomach hurts 24-7, im scared to go out because the pain gets so bad. when im walking i have to stop until it passes then make a mad rush for the nearest toilet which is not easy when ive got my 4 children with me and all i feel like doing is crying and screaming. its so much worse than child birth. the drs haven't given me anything for it so i just had to put up with it.
- —Guest Em