- I get God awful bloating and gas pain in my upper stomach and it about kills you. I have to take pepto and place a heating pad on my stomach to make the pain stop. i have pain in my back and stomach everyday. i had my gallbladder removed and have seen three gastros, had a gastric digestive test, two upper endoscopes, a endoscopic ultrasound, numerous blood test, ct scan,s all normal. it is frustrating. you feel so bad you feel like it is serious and it isn't so your stuck dealing with it.
- —Guest jenn
My daily IBS
- My IBS usually starts an hour or two after waking up. It gradually gets worse after i eat and have a bowel movement. The cramping and squeezing is so painful. I start feeling really dizzy and weak, sometimes I feel im going to pass out. I also cant think straight or concentrate or even have a conversation when im experiencing IBS. The only thing that seems to work for me is when i take Xanax. Ive gone to the emergency room numerous times because of my IBS and that's where they were treating me with Xanax to relieve the cramping of my bowels. Ive seen two GI doctors. The first one he was a joke. He didn't help me much other than making jokes of what i was experiencing. My second GI Doc seems he cares and is helping me out. Ive been experiencing stomach issues for 3 years. Its really hard to exercise with this condition. Just a question for any other IBS people out there. Does anyone feel dizzy or weak with their IBS???? Anyway this has taken over my life. I want this gone from me!!!
- —Guest Ron
hey it hurts, i feel you, i have it too
- hey so this is so bad, I dont know what to do, it hurts, I swore I have had since I was born I think.
- —Guest jdshajhdadu
i am not sure if i have it
- I have had pains and not sure what they are. I feel like there are 7 needles going through my side and I haven't stopped feeling like I am going to throw up since 3 days ago and its killing me.
- —Guest girlscott 123456789
- Helps to know Im not alone. I experience all the symptons I read about here, It hurts so bad I break out in cold sweats, hot water bottle helps.
- —Guest Millie
Sick of disconfort!
- I can sympathize with all ibs people. I have this since I was 26. Now I am 74. Had some better years when I was younger, but now age progression must take more of a toll on my body. Going to the bathroom brings on headaches and cramping. Much bloating with trapped gas. Taking donnatal when it gets severe...not on a steady maintenance. I try heat, oils that promise relief, peppermint tea, chamomile tea, light therapy for pain. Sine I have hypoglycemia, I must use sugarless products that makes matters worse. Have faith and say "this too shall pass" when the pain is bad.
- —Guest Patricia
INTENSE LASTING PAIN
- Feels like contractions. Pain relievers or Gas-X have little to no effect. Tossing and turning through the night. Tightening, aching, tenderness, shooting pains, gas and bloating in lower abdomen.
- —Guest Tonya
- My experience is it feels like a line of pain shooting across my stomach, sometimes high, sometimes in the middle, then feels like someone is reaching in and trying to squeeze my insides :/ like the way you wring out a dish towel. I sweat and face turns red and feel literally like I'm dying. The only relief usually is farting and flu like diarrhea which doesn't always happen quickly and I can't make it happen, so misery sometimes last awhile :(
- —Guest acharmedone
- I am a truck driver. Sitting up in seat 10 to 12 hours a day kills me, my chest hurts bad. had gall bladder took out. still in pain, been to doctor after doctor. no help. has anyone a idea?
- —Guest Rick
sore tum tum
- IBS is painful, big coffee drinker I am, that is a no no. milk, do you know, favors either good days and bad days, must cut back.
- —Guest peter
It does keep me skinny
- I have ibs-d everyday. I've learned how to make jokes and live with it. If people can not understand then they are people you don't want to be around. Good luck and stay well everyone.
- —Guest Ellie
This helped me with my IBS
- I wanted to tell everyone what helped me because I definitely know the pain and sickness. Had IBS since 18 and am now 61. Many different phases from pain while having many bowel movements and vomiting. Had gall bladder removed at 30. After about 10 years and many hospitalizations and IVs I had a doctor that told me it was my autotomic (don't know if that is spelled quite right) immune system that was out of sync. She put me on Ascenden (50 mg tabs) and I took 1 and 1/2 at night. I now take a generic (Amoxapine) when needed. It worked for about 10 years quite well. Then a doctor told me to quit it for a while because I had been on it so long. I then started having esophagus problems (spastic) and have to take a prescription Pepcid at night to prevent waking up with sever vomiting. It works. I take the amoxapine when the attack is winding down to get it under control but am planning on getting back on it soon. It helped a lot when I took the amoxapine. Hope this helps.
- I was diagnosed with ibs after having my second child. It went away due to psych meds. Now 7 years later I was taken off my psych meds and I'm experiencing these pains again! Horrible stomach cramping feels like contractions.... Hope this helps.
- —Guest kindredsouls
Sick of pain
- for the last few years I have been sick to my stomack almost every day , I keep going back and forth to my Dr. I have had CT's colonscopy but pain is still there. It's like someone squeezing my both sides, cramping and sick to my stomach almost every day, Dr. told me to eat Bran Buds, I couldn't stand the taste of those, he gave me three different stomach pills, about a month ago he gave me Dicetel but nothing is helping, today I am going to see my GI to see what he has to say.... I am getting so tired of this pain every day , I also have diverticulosis which aren't helping matters any.... I need answers...... please.
- —Guest Christine Huggan
This IBS Causes A Lot Of Embarassment
- I have IBS and I've just recently found out. its also caused a lot of embarrassment lately too. I had an appointment that I had to attend and I ended up causing a lot of embarrassment by going toilet almost 4 times in an 30 minutes, in fact I had to run to the bathroom half way through the appointment too which made the opposite person rage with anger. Its not the 1st time its happened, incidents like these have happened more than once. I feel scared to be out for even 1/2 a mile now the thought of not finding a nearest toilet almost kills me. Yeah your right guys...most people find this funny and ridiculous some also say that "my 2yr old child can hold its shit when outside" My doctor says most of this IBS symptoms is because of anxiety which means the more anxious you are the more pain it builds up. Its almost like a volcano, the pressure keeps building and rising till it finally explodes ( which means you either have an accident or find the nearest loo and get relieved)
- —Guest Unknown