- I have a low abdominal pain that feels raw tender, pretty much all of the time. When I have to go to the bathroom, the pain can get extremely sharp, like labour pains. Bending and lifting makes it worse, all I can do when I feel bad is go to bed, run to the bathroom when required, and wait until the spell blows over.I can have several acute incidents a day when I am in a diarrhea mode, gluten, milk and sugar seem to make it worse. It can take a day or two to recover, then I am back to the raw, bloated feeling in the lower abdomen. I feel slightly nauseated most of the time, but when I have an attack, my stomach seems to rebel too. I'm left with the decision of what end to put over the toilet. This nausea is new, when I was younger, I had a spell, then would recover in a few hours, now its days.
- Hi all, I have been suffering from IBS for well over 6 years. Even now I have some good days and bad days but am feeling much better overall. It is very difficult to deal with IBS due to the cruel nature of it. I found that trying to keep my mind off it is very difficult, I know, due to the intense pain, day and night, for which seems like forever. Also trying to stay happy and cheerful rather then feel down and depressed which makes it worse. I appreciate that it can end your social life and make going to work and being at work a real-life nightmare but don't give up. Try to cut down on dairy products and spicy foods. Exercise can help a lot even if you are doing a bit at a time. it seems to take some tension off your body and give you a slight ease of pain. Unfortunately there is no one thing that will take IBS away completely but in time it will get better. Taking colpermin and other such tabs can make it worse if you can't go and you are trying to go. Eat slowly, it helps.
- —Guest Zaf
Most excruciating cramping
- My doctor had to put me on "Librax" because I get cramping that is worse than any kidney stone I've ever had & having labor pains. If I miss a dose, I will actually throw up from the pain while on toilet until med. kicks in in 2 hours.
- —Guest Nichole
pain be gone
- Contractions that never seem to end....cramping, gassy, and severe pain that never lets you know when it is going to show up and rear its ugly head...I wish you would be gone, you will not be missed.
- —Guest loribirn
My ibs pain feels like
- My ibs pain feels like i've been holding a wee for a very long time! My belly really hurts if I hold a wee for too long and that's what it feels like for me even though I would have just had a wee or sometimes it can feel like I'm starving but I would have just eat.
- —Guest Isla
- Mine is I.B.S-C. There's four different types. Honestly i can't work out which pain is worse, when deciding between birth pain and i.b.s pain. I'd be shocked if they didn't use the same sphincter muscles. As you get contractions, sooooooo. Not sure i can even bear another round of i.b.s. I've come to the conclusion that the pain is a bit much. Why would i eat ever again, only to go through it again? It's pure evil.
- —Guest SarahLund
- I have suffered with this horrible disorder for over 2 years now. I have had 2 children and the pain from IBS seems to be worse. I can go for a couple of weeks without going to the washroom. The pain usually starts on my left side, but can be in my abdomen, back or right side. It feels like something is squeezing my insides, or an elastic is pulled WAY to tight inside of me. The cramps can sometimes hurt so much they will leave me breathless and in a cold sweat. I hope at some point they can find a cure for this. I'm so happy to hear I'm not the only one who suffering with this. Not that I wish this on anyone else, but to know I'm not losing it!!
- —Guest Donna
is it ibs
- mine don't appear to be as bad like some on here, had all the tests they can't find anything wrong. dull, mild pain across low abdomen radiates up towards my kidneys and lower back, both sides, sometimes i feel like a pulse in my lower abdomen, kinda like its dancing?? abdomen tender to the touch and gets bloated, get spells of major wind and feel like i need toilet even if i've just been, nothing there though. is this ibs because nobody seems able to help me!
- —Guest jon
- pain in the lower left side of the abdomen, then going to the right side, then at the middle, also had an acid reflux, (but i managed it by not getting panicky,,, seems being on a panic triggers acid reflux),, i noticed that the symptoms occurs after getting stressed out specially at work,,, i always worry that i have some sort of deadly disease,,,, but doctors said all normal, blood, urine, heart, abdominal x ray normal,,, thinking of colonoscopy and endoscopy,,,, painful to the point of me wishing,, " i want my life back"
- —Guest Dash
- i was so sure my ibs pain was ovary pain. it was particularly in my right hand side but also milder in my left too. it was so low in my abdomen - i.e. at my pelvis region and on the right it goes up to underneath my ribs. i spent months worrying sick thinking of all the things that could be wrong with my reproductive organs, and had myself almost convinced i had some kind of cancer, until i finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctor who brought up the subject of ibs. i hadn't been paying any attention to my bowels as i was so convinced it was something else, but now i look back over recent months it all makes sense- onset of symptoms at a very stressful period at work, pain easing off after bowel movements, eases off when lying down too- also during a recent week off work my symptoms didn't seem as bad, i.e. less stress! have been given antispasmodics and the improvement is amazing! anyone with any tips on good foods, please share!xx
- —Guest kez
Why me ?! :(
- Hey everyone thank you so much for sharing this. I thought.nobody would understand me and look at me weird. I'm 15 and every time I get this it is unexpected. I take pain killers but I feel the pain for at least an hour till the pain killers kick in. I hate it. I wish nobody had this. Every time I tell one of my friends they don't know how blessed they are not to feel this shit. I have to go to.the bathroom every time I get it. I can't breath without it hurting more. After its all over I just fall back dizzy and I'm weak I barely can carry anything. I"m going to the hospital. I'm tired of this pain without warning!
- —Guest Abi Elvir
is there no cure?
- I've had ibs diarrhea prominent cramps for about 10 years. Some say its lactose intolerance, some say ibs, some say both. All I know is the pain comes in contractions (the closer together they are... you better find a toilet!) And the pain is unbearable. I can't describe the feeling but sharp in the intestines and it radiates. I also usually feel light headed and get cold sweats. And ladies, when it mixes with menstrual cramps...worst pain of your entire life. It is so terrible. Doctors never take me seriously because by the time I can get off the floor to see someone, the pain is gone and all tests come back normal. Sucks.
- —Guest yowza
IBS is seriously going to kill me.....
- As i'm sitting at my desk now, at work this pain is unbearable, it's contracting and it feels as if someones turning my big intestine...it's the worse pain ever, i hvae 2 kids and this is worse then giving birth, what can i use, anyone, pls HELP!
- —Guest Cant take it anymore!
- anyone experience sudden sharp pains right after eating and then later not only sharp pains but my whole intestine spasms and causes anxiety, with dizziness, just feel awful like I am gonna crawl out of my skin or have a heart attack, horrible.
- —Guest jes
its killing me
- i'be had it for 6 years, left side pain, now it start on the right side and mid back pain, sticky stool, constpation....ouch my god every day pain...what can i do...help me.
- —Guest ami