Everyone experiences IBS pain differently. Describe for us what IBS pain feels like to you. Descriptive phrases that really capture the pain experience can be useful as a starting point for guided imagery for pain relief. Share your experiences and find out what IBS pain feels like to other people.Share Your Experience
My ibs feels like....
- Contraction pains!!!!! It's very similar... A building wave of intense squeezing pain and it lasts for a long time .... I always feel desperate to stop the pain.
- —Guest Hurtin jo
My IBS Pain Feels Like
- Contractions too!! I describe it as contractions, and the bundle of joy is the RELIEF, I get once it is over!
- —Guest Need Relief
IBS pain feels like
- CONTRACTIONS for sure! Thoughts of wanting a epidural go through my head when it hits. INTENSE cramping in waves, hours of labor and finally it is OVER!
- —Guest Make it go away
Not sure if it's ibs. Had it whole life
- It feels like a spike was rammed in my gut usually near the belly button. Intense pain and pressure usually lasts 30 sec then goes away for a minute or two then comes back worse. Usually it can be resolved by using the bathroom but not always and it takes a long time to get anything to come out ( i wouldn't need to use the bathroom if not for the pain is what I mean )
- —Guest Use to it
- I was diagnosed with ibs recently and i have terrible pains in my stomach and it is like something is inside and twisting it up all in knots.
- —Guest sandra
- I've been having horrible stomach pain and found out it was a bacteria called H. Pylori I recommend getting tested , it is very common but for some horrible pain I have bloating pain under ribs sometimes loose stools it feels like a horrible stomach ache sometimes bad I swear I'm sick of it all ready but doc said it last for months even after the meds :0(
- —Guest Vera
Try Culturelle for a week
- I find I need to be very careful to have it at the same time every day unless I feel a symptom and then immediately, and then shorten the duration and get back to the once a day plan. It takes 4-5 days to get back to no pain afterward. I also have a stress aspect (I take klonopin) and believe I picked this up as a virus 7 days after a trip to Italy. For 3 weeks I had an 'icky' stomach before I started using culturelle. When it comes back, it can feel like lower abdomen cramps or like very painful scraping moments inside my upper abdomen. After 5 months on culturelle I no longer seem to need any fiber, when I'd been taking it before every meal before. I'm nevertheless looking for something better, since it does come back, but wanted to pass along that this has been a really important aid. Thanks for the milk, greasy food advice - I've always been sensitive to coffee and acids.
- —Guest Catherine
Left side pain abdominal pain
- Hi I get abdominal pain in my left side, it's a sharp pain and it extends. I feel sick and tired. is there any medicines or treatments that will make the pain ease or go away :)
- —Guest Andre skrabut
worst pain ever
- I just ate. After finishing i got this shooting pain like someone stabbed me in my stomach. It felt like a big bubble of gas, but i couldn't release it . The pain was horrible, and i was in the car with my husband, so we had to stop at the nearest place with a bathroom and i hurried in. The bm is a mix of soft and diarrhea. I haven't been diagnosed with ibs but im pretty sure thats what it is. I have been like this since i can remember. And it takes so long in the bathroom with waves of pain ..always over 30 mins. Its awful.
- —Guest victoria
- Im fed up. This keeps on returning then going back to normal, either pain under ribs and breastbone, aches and pains everywhere,or low down stomach cramps, pains in hips and buttocks even rectum, also bowel problems.
- —Guest janice
- i woke up a couple days ago with extreme stomach cramps. It felt llike labor pains. I could barely walk. I went to the ER. They did a CT scan with contrast and could not find the cause of my pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, the pain was a 9 for about 6 hours. It persisted and my stomach got really sore and felt like I had had surgery. Food/water starts the cramping again. Can't imagine what this is. The ER doc said I should see my GI doc right away.
- —Guest jonezee
Ibs pain symptoms
- I have IBS. It hits within minutes of eating the trigger. I haven't narrowed down the trigger food but many things stimulate it: apples, chicken, sauces, grease, etc. I am quickly overcome with a intense need to use the toilet. If I try to hold it, my stomach aches, shortened breath, sweats. When I go it is pretty painful and almost feels like burning. It is never a complete solid. It hits in waves. I have to push to try and get it out but it is super uncomfortable, I get light headed, sweats, even moan into a towel. Once everything is gone. I feel a little better right away. I take it easy for a couple minutes and then back to normal after half and hour. No fun. Not unmanageable. It's only really bad when in public or on a road trip.
- —Guest Hope I'm helpful
11 years strong
- Im so glad I found this website but I hate whats going with my body. I haven't been diagnosed with ibs from the docter yet. I really feel like thats what wrong with me. Here are my symptoms: early mornings are the worst time for me, soon as I hit the floor im running to the bathroom. I'm very gassy, I go at least 3 times a day and my stool is always soft. I have bad stomach and abdominal pain, it feels like something is about to rip my inside out. I burp constanly I also been losing weight I guess because whatever I eat comes right back out. I used to sweat a lot I dont know if thats a symptom or not. Im tired of this, there should be something to stop this.
- —Guest renee
- Marijuana will make your IBS a thing of the past, if I'm lying then I'm dying!
- —Guest blaine
Worse than labour
- I'm 37 and was diagnosed with ibs at the age of 7. When I get these bouts it's actually worse than labour pain . The cramps and pain usually begin around 2am and I can nearly breath through it they get more intense right before it passes into the toilet ( like pee or water out my back end ) sorry don't mean to be gross. Then I'm shaking exhausted and dripping in sweat . So tired of this :(
- —Guest Alwyn