Many IBS sufferers have found that sipping a warm cup of herbal tea can be a very soothing experience, while others believe that some types of herbal teas can help to prevent IBS symptoms. What is your favorite herbal tea for IBS? Which type of tea are you most likely to turn to when your IBS is acting up? Tell us why that type of tea is your favorite and find out what teas other IBS sufferers turn to for IBS relief.
What Is Your Favorite Herbal Tea for IBS
- Fennel and chamomile are my best choices. I have a cup fennel tea in the morning with my cereal and a cup of chamomile at night, they really help.
- —Guest Zoraida
- Where do you find fennel tea? I have checked multiple stores without any success.
- —Guest Lynn
- Fennel Tea with three times a day is excellent for pain, gas and diarrhea.
- —Guest Karin
- Fennel Tea three times a day is excellent for pain, gas and diarrhea.
- —Guest fmc
- My daughter introduced me to rice tea, and it has made such a difference for me when I am having tummy troubles. It has a pleasingly bland flavour (think plain rice), and can be found in Chinatown. It really does work to calm tummy woes!
- —Guest marmalade
- Everyday I have a cup of chamomile tea and it has reduced my cramping which has reduced the diarrhea.
- —Guest jmh
- I have read that blackberry tea is good for diarrhea. When my IBS is at my worst, the one thing I can actually think about putting into my body is blackberry tea.
- Ever since I read "Eating for IBS" by Heather Von Vorous, I never go anywhere without a large mug of peppermint tea. My co-workers call me the "peppermint girl", but I am glad I am not spending as much money at Starbucks as the rest of them.