- I had my gallbladder removed 1 year ago. The healing went pretty well, though I quickly learned the importance of acid reducers. Didn't suffer any issues with nausea, thank goodness. So now here I am a year later, thought I had this thing beat, but last night I was woke by my old gallbladder pains! So got up and drank some water, then did my best to get back to sleep curled up in a ball while tossing and turning! I'm now approaching night 2 and still feeling some pain from last night! I can only hope and pray that my pain is from eating a corndog before bed last night.
- —Guest suzanne
after gallbladder removal
- I removed my gb in the yr 2012. Before that i felt non-cordiatic pain in the left side of the chest such severe pain that i had consulted doctor they suggested to scan the report is ive gallstones in my gb... Now i've a pain in the side of left chest when i sat... when i ate my stomach oozes... i don't want to eat fatty foods.. i consulted a doctor they suggested to live as the life you've lived before operation.
- —Guest chandra shekhar
So I am not crazy?
- I had my gall bladder out a year ago July and within 5-30 minutes after eating breakfast; I am running for the bathroom. If I eat before 9AM...you can add the throwing up. I am so glad I found this site... finally, I am not crazy. I truly thought I was losing it. I find too much cheese, red wine, or tomatoes...does it for me as well. I have noticed though...stress and anxiety from work add into my issues. So I have to figure out what to do for the rest of my life, uh? Well there is one thing...at least I am not running to the ER, like I was prior to my surgery. That was no fun and always had a physical, emotional and financial cost attached. Not to mention looking awful, feeling awful and throwing up always seemed to attract the most handsome doctors… it was always the icing on the cake for me!
- —Guest Guest Debra
keep ypur gallbladder if you can
- I had upper right quadrant pain.after a series of tests with nothing showing, doctor suggested have gallbladder removed. Never a stone and function was 53% according to hida scan. Biggest mistake letting them take it. 8 months later feels like something had eaten my intestines.
- —Guest tracey
Almost 8 years of digestive issues
- I had my gall bladder removed via emergency surgery in Jan. 2006 and was fine, except that literally everything I eat comes back out, almost immediately. I first noticed this about 9 months after the surgery and the Dr. put me on some kind of powder and said to just play around with the dosage and see if it would work. I could add it to applesauce, OJ, etc. I used it for a while, then got to where I didn't have to use it at all. Then, the last year or so, I've had a LOT of stress (new job, family issues) and wham! My digestive issues have come back. The only good thing is that I'm losing weight. However, while eating I am painfully aware of where a bathroom is located and I do my lunch dates at places that are in close proximity to my work (aka, to the bathroom).
- —Guest Mandi
- i had my gall bladder removed month ago and since then i have awful pain in my shoulder blades and spasms in my chest.
- —Guest dee
Problems with food
- I got my gallbladder removed after a couple of debilitating and painful attacks. After they removed the organ I felt so relieved that I would never feel that pain again. Changing my diet took some getting used to, but eventually I got used to it. Now, four years later, it's hard to find any food that doesn't give me painful cramps in my lower abdomen. The amount of food I can handle has changed too. If I over eat, even a little, I feel terrible and it lasts for hours. Due to these changes I've lost about 20 lbs, and only eat about once a day. It's rare that I feel normal, healthy and energetic. All of this is very inconvenient, I think I'm managing it well, and I'm glad I will never feel the pain of a gallbladder attack again. I just wish there was something I could do to help my digestive system out.
- —Guest Jazz
- Its been 3 months since my surgery and i have been in and out of the hospital with numerous things...I'm depressed, i am fighting pancreatitis, i vomit everything i eat or drink, i should mention that i had gallbladder cancer so i had gallbladder removed then a week later i had a liver resection, lymph nodes removed, bile duct cleaning, and a bag hooked to my side..... I don't know if I'm just expecting to heal real fast or if it is getting the best of me?
- —Guest kari
gall bladder removed 1971
- I got very sick several times, throwing up from the pain, and was diagnosed with everything from flu to kidney stones because they felt I was too young for it to be gallbladder problems. Finally they decided to open me up to take a look and found my gallbladder full of stones and 'rotten.' Since then I have had to be especially careful of greasy and fried foods and I gain weight very easily.
- —Guest Jackie
Gallbladder removal april 2012
- It's been a year and 1/2 and I'm still get severe nausea after almost every meal. Many days I feel like I have a horrible hangover and I haven't had alcohol in over 10 years. The bathroom has become my best friend. Many times I am running for it. I don't even go out to eat anymore. I never had these problems before they took my gall bladder out. I was 42 yo when I had 1 attack (supposedly) so they took it out. I wish I knew more about it before hand or I NEVER would have let it happen. I will NEVER trust a doctor again without first doing my research. There are alternatives to surgery that are more successful, if your willing to change your diet.
- —Guest Stephen
Right under the left sides rib pain
- I had surgery Oct 28th 11 days ago and I had my checkup appointment yesterday and I told the dr that I have been having the pains under my ribs on the left side.. He asked me if I was able to go to the bathroom and I told him not really since the surgery so he put me on a laxative and a stool softener twice a day til I get regular then cut it to once a day then finally stop once I am regular.. I started last night and it works to go to the bathroom but I still have this like something is out of place and it slides up under my ribs on the left side and binds up when I bend just even a little... I really does hurt and I don't know if there is really something wrong or will it go away with time. I am thinking calling the Dr again Monday if it has not stopped. Any opinions to help with the problem.. I have to bend and do things I can't just sit straight up all the time or lay flat or stand straight all the time.. Help please..
- —Guest Connie
Digestive Issues after GB surgery
- I have constipation and still have pain occasionally where my GB once was!! Bloating is awful and I have gained weight. Do not wish this on anyone!!
- I had my GB removed 2011 2 months after I had my daughter. I started getting pain in my stomach that went into my back 6 trips to the er in one month. I went to my regular doctor and found out I had a lot of gall stones so I had it removed. Now I don't go anywhere for fear of needing to use the bathroom I get very bad cramps and sometimes I have to lay with an ice pack on my stomach to make it stop hurting. I go from constipated to diarrhea alot I have no clue what to do I can't go to the dr because no money to. I'm lost at what to do. Oh I'm only 21. My life is always around a bathroom :(
- —Guest Shanna
- I have suffered from gaseous problem after gallbladder removal.
- —Guest Santosh Kumar Sushil
- I am just the opposite of most of the complaints that I have read. I have constipation so bad that by the time Saturday comes around I have to take something to help me go. I too have never had that upper stomach roll that I have now and a lot of times I feel pain under my rib cage..I unlike most of you have put on weight, not lost!! I am trying to find out if that Garcinia Cambogia has a side affect on people who have had their gallbladder removed? I have tried to take it but it makes me swell up so bad I can't take it!! If anyone can give me some answers I would surely appreciate your time!! My surgery was almost 6 yrs ago!!