- Rice is very good. Soup with potatoes and crackers works well. I have had diarrhea for days and also took lactobacillus which helps restore the intestine lining.
- —Guest Guest Ray
- I don't know if I have food poisoning or what, but I have been stuck in bed & on the toilet. I tried a little pepto although I know you shouldn't "stop" diarrhea, but I needed something. I haven't been able to eat or drink anything. I'm trying to make rice water and then I'll try the BRAT diet. Hopefully it helps.
- —Guest Hating Life
- The only thing I can eat is baked potato or broth. Stomach bloated and can't keep anything in. Have been in remission for 5 yrs don't miss this. Aloe vera soothes where it hurts.
- —Guest d
If you have diarrhea read these steps
- 1. Eat plain toast with no butter 2. Eat plain biscuits 3. have soup any kind doesn't matter 4. no licorice gives you the runs 5. have any milk but you cant have it hot or it goes through you fast 6. drink plenty of water and that's all you need to survive diarrhea. thank you for listening.
- —Guest Tyler!
i got terrible diarrhea now!
- Geez I'm blowing it out before I even get to the toilet. I have soiled a pack of panties (victoria secret I might add!) but ill try some of these suggestions. I just went to Walmart but its black Friday so you think I could get some adult diapers?? No! Everyone is already pushing and shoving so its back home to start clean up with my wet vac. Thanks for everyone's help.
- —Guest jane
- I've got it pretty bad now and water, sprite, and alka-seltzer seems to be helping, I had some chicken broth but that made it worse so I stuck with with toast with butter.
- —Guest Q
Eating for diarrhea
- I am just recovering from a bad stomach virus. I have found eating toast, white rice, noodles and pasta are foods I can keep in my system.
- —Guest Gemh
in the same boat!
- Oh god I pity anybody with this! I've had it for two weeks, I think its easing off now. Dry burnt toast very well, my doctor recommended it, and its doing wonders. As for the stomach cramps i'd recommend a heat patch or a damp warm cloth on your stomach, plenty of sleep too!! Don't drink cola unless you want to blow a hole in your toilet seriously....... no cola! Plenty of water, little sips often.
- —Guest bridget burne
- Nothing is working for me at the minute, just very bad 'stool', very painful, can't stay off the toilet, and too worried to eat at the moment.
- —Guest Temi
- Drink lots of buttermilk, specially home-made, add ginger, black salt, normal salt, mint leaves, coriander leaves and roasted and coarsely pounded jeera. Eat curd, bananas, apple,s, white bread and fennel tea and steamed rice. It works. Another remedy is: roast equal amounts of jeera and fennel seeds and coarsely grind and add some sugar. Eat a tsp. every hour or so.
- —Guest Poonam
Grrr...diarrhea is the worst!
- Probiotic tablets and yogurt! Does honey work? Never heard that one before! My gramma used to make milk toast! Toast bread, pour warm milk over it and cinnamon and sugar!
- —Guest Tammy
- i really like my toast and cheese because i am a mouse by heart
- —Guest shruti
diarrhea safe foods!
- I would definitely avoid anything greasy, milk, or eggs. what I found useful was the BRAT diet. my grandma is the one who originally showed me the BRAT diet. so toast is fine, honey was okay, malt o meal was also fine for me too. oh & as for drinks, green tea, pedialite, water. all great candidates.
- —Guest gg123
what i've tried.
- I stick to a lot of pepto bismol, ginger ale, and toast and/or crackers. I'm looking for suggestions??
- —Guest Feeling Rough
Foods for Diarrhea
- I eat, raw or boiled carrots, bananas, toast, white rice, apples. Cola is also good.
- —Guest Adam