What are your go-to foods when you have diarrhea? What foods offer you comfort without setting off your system? Share Your Tips
Homeopathic Diarrhea Cures
- Activated Charcoal, Coconut Water, Broth with White over-boiled rice, guided meditation for anxiety and stress, applesauce, Calms Forte or Bach Rescue Remedy and yogurt with live cultures. Take one tsp of activated charcoal mixed in a 12 oz glass of filtered water, sip slowly, over an hour. Follow with coconut water for dehydration, rice with broth, guided meditation videos on Youtube, every four-five hours, take calms forte tablets or spray/tincture of Bach Flower Remedy. This will relieve symptoms in as little as six hours. Follow program for 24 hours and begin to introduce yogurt and other low fat, non spicy foods back into your diet, over another 24 hours, after 48 hours, introduce more food. This will clear in two days. If your stomach gurgles and you have gas with no bloating, your system is running smoother. Don't drink caffeine, alcohol or caffeinated tea. Stay calm!
- —Guest HawaiiBoy
To help with diarrhea
- I started taking Culturelle daily and the diarrhea stopped after a few days. This is the best pro-biotic on the market. If I don't take it I have severe pain in my abdomen area and it takes about a week to feel normal again after starting up with the Culturelle, so don't stop taking it, it really does work.
- Really, well this sucks , I tried everything it goes on and off I haven't told anyone and I wish my auntie still be here and help me , I am thinking go walk in clinic and her advise how to stop diarrhea, so I could get back to normal , I'm NOT going emergency because I'm not comfortable with a male doctor , I did it 3 years ago and he told me drink lots of fluids, now this I hope female helps me out ,
- —Guest Canadian
What to eat for "d"
- It's called the BRAT diet.
- —Guest SanDiegoMOMof5
- What kind of "intelligent design" does not include breeding and injecting of the necessary flora and fauna to keep our gut operating properly. We have to go around and find it by accident. Else we are loose for a very long time. No user manual, a very poorly correcting system. Intelligent Design my a s s.
- —Guest Realist
Looking for food when having diarrhea
- I got a lot of ideas. Actually I've been eating
steamed rice, boiled noodle, boiled egg whites and chicken great meat. But my diarrhea has not stopped for one week. And I lost my energy. So I'll see a doctor tomorrow. Thanks for advice. LC of Queens, NY
- —Guest Lydia Chang
How to help with Diarrhea
- Honestly some of the best things for curing diarrhea are:
Naps during the day
- —Guest Jacob
- Tried toast and it just came out the other end as fast and it got in, so ive been living on banana's, crackers, diralite and the occasional sip of orange cordial to help with the dryness of the crackers.
- —Guest mel
- Low salted foods and stay away from dairy. I would also try to have some kind of medication to relieve pain and dizziness. That is what I do for Diarrhea.
- —Guest ---
- This was a God send when i had continuous diarrhea for 5 days and had literally no energy. Take 2 heaped tablespoons of rice flour mixed with about 6 tablespoons of cold water, mix and drink. Do this everytime you get a bout of diarrhea. I only needed it twice and the problem stopped. I was strictly on plain rice, plain toast, water and diaralyte for 2 days.
- —Guest susiem
- The only thing that ended my 6 month bout of diarrhea was drinking coconut water. Now I drink it with my vitamin pills every morning and I have not had a relapse. When I looked it up on the hinternet it said it was the common digestive remedy in all tropical countries.
- —Guest email@example.com
- I've had diarrhea the last three days. What helps me is a rice sock (a thick sock filled with rice, put in microwave for 45 sec), peppermint tea, and sleeping. I'm super sensitive to gluten, dairy, seeds, and raw fruits and veggies. Peanut butter is neutral.
- —Guest Temperance
- I've had diarrhea for 4 days and I can't get rid of it. I've lost a stone from not eating
- —Guest Lydia
help with diarrhea
- Lots of Pedialyte burnt dry toast (tastes bad) but the charcoal in the burnt toast will soak up all the nasties in your tummy, and believe it or not seedless pumpkin paste in a can. I know this combination works because i have 8 puppies that came down with parvo. Within 2 days no more diarrhea. within 5 days everything back to normal. Hope this helps and you all feel better soon :)
- —Guest Nancy R
If you have diarrhea and your hungry
- If you have diarrhea you should have some ginger ale then in a few hours or when you are starving have cold plain pasta with no drink. Next watch some videos on the computer or on the T.V for a few hours. Then go to sleep in your favorite place to sleep (for me it was my moms bedroom) This worked like a charm.
- —Guest Termeh