can't take any more...
- hi I am 34 years old and four years ago the first birthday of my 4 year old son I got my period and it was terrible? It felt like I was giving birth but 10 times worse. ever since than the first three days if my period are horrible. I can't even sit to pee because the pressure is so bad. I thought I've got trapped gas and it won't come out no matter what i take or what I do no birth control works, we tried an iud it worked for a little while then stopped. can't take much more.
- —Guest Lynn
There is help out there
- I am 21 years old and I was just diagnosed with IBS this past April. I got my first period in 2005, when I was 14. My periods have never been normal and still have not yet regulated. Today is the first day of my cycle and I am in terrible pain. I can barely move, the cramps are so bad... I was prescribed dicyclomine fpr my IBS, so I tried taking one of those to help with my menstrual and intestinal cramps. Does anyone think it will work?? Thank you!
- —Guest Catherine
- i have fibromyalgia, ibs, etc, etc, i have more constipation than diarrhea, for gas i'm taking beano, it's working, probiotics, somebody recomend me jim' pills colon cleanse the breath of life plus flax seed and wheat bran. good luck for everyone!
- —Guest silvana
Terrible bloating and gas during period
- I am 47 and have 2 weeks of living hell every month. Bloating and cramping and terrible gas and heavy flo the week of my period. I am extremely overwhelmed and exhausted during these 2 weeks and would do anything to find some sort of relief. please anyone with suggestions i would really appreciate it. My life is completely unbearable during these 2 weeks.
- —Guest Marie
ibs the devil inside
- I've had it since I got my period, gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea and two weeks before my period gets here its even worse on everything plus cramping and lots of pain, colon spasms, plus people make fun when I look gassy. Im tired of this, I wonder if I take out my ovaries and uterus if i'll feel better no pill helps me, anybody have any suggestions on this.
- —Guest lisa
IBS and menstral cycle horror
- I am home from work right now having an attack! I started my cycle yesterday and was up all night with terrible pain, nausea, trapped gas, migraine headache, diarrhea, frequent urination, and the worst menstrual cramps to top it all off. Living like this is just horrible! Took and anti spasm med to try and get some sleep!
- —Guest Kimberly
- Ugh I have my period today intact and my stomach is killing me! I have non stop cramps, bloating, fatigue, nausea, constipation and diarrhea it's terrible.
- —Guest Alaina
you're not alone!
- hi, I'm an 18 year old female, i've dealt with ibs since i was born, i don't know what to do anymore because i can't afford to pay for the amitiza that my bowel doctor prescribed for me, i was on samples for about 2 years, I can't afford to eat the right foods because they are too expensive so i have to suffer with the ibs attacks. i cant have any powdered laxatives because it gives me constant diarrhea i don't know why, and i don't know what i should do. i have no family history of ibs-c i feel like im alone because i have no one to guide me into the right path, can someone please help me?
pain all the time
- I understand all too well how you feel. I have suffered from IBS most of my life, but it only got really bad the past 4 years, after a misdiagnosis of diverticulitis. Now around my periods I am miserable, as like you, gassy, bloated, and alternating constipation and diarrhea, I wish I could tell you how to lessen the pain, but sometimes a heating pad will help a little, and gas x also..I hope you feel better, as I hope all of us do..
- —Guest loribirn
pain all the time
- i am a 40 year old woman. have ibs for the past 4 years. i have painful periods ,gas , diarrhea and constipation before my period. even with my period symptoms don't go away. im fed up with it, nobody seems to understand me, i feel so alone in this.
Progesterone withdrawal Increases IBS
- I have finally realized my pattern in IBS symptoms. I Was diagnosed with P-I IBS 3years ago. Since then, I have had off and on periods of IBS symptoms. It has taken major lifestyle changes to prevent my flare ups, but I can't get rid of the Pre-Menses flare up and PMDD symptoms. Hormone sensitivity runs on the female side in my family, so I see it as inevitable, but the Sx's are intolerable. I miss work one day a month the day after the night that I'm keeled over for 6 hours being sick due to my IBS triggered by decrease in progesterone. Reading has helped me to realize that this is the culprit. Anyone have any idea what medications may be out there that help? I was thinking about a low-dose SSRI ( to take that 10 days of month) or birth control pill -- but I'm terribly moody (depressed) on the pill. I only tried Loestrin Fe24 4 years ago, but wanting to kill myself caused me to never want to touch hormones again. I now have a UT380 Short Copper IUD (causes heavy bleeding and cramps).
- —Guest Steph
There is help out there!
- I have suffered with pain periods, diarrhea the first 24 hrs of my period, gas, hormonal issues since I got my period at 13 in 1997. I thought there was no hope. I have been to Internists, GYN's, Endocrinologists for the past 4 years in search of a cure. I even had laparoscopic surgery in Jan 2012, for supposed endometriosis. I just recently went to see a Gastroenterologist and she did a colonoscopy and endoscopy. She prescribed dicyclomine for IBS. this thing works wonders. It started working right away! I just got my period and instead of being 7 days, it is now 3 days. The medication has helped with loud growling, gassiness and situational IBS caused by anxiety. I know have hope of getting back to school and getting a degree. This problem has hindered me from reaching my full potential. For those who believe in Christ, seek his kingdom first and you will receive healing and/or strength to get through these series of physical infirmity. For we battle not against flesh and blood.
- —Guest Danise Joseph
- I am 43 and I have always been gasey during periods, but in nov/dec 2012 the gas was so painful, and there was so much pressure on my rectum that I needed to go the ER for relief. I recently had fibroid emboloziation and I am hoping that this will cease much of the pain that I am feeling. I am so glad that I am not the only one going through this. The pain feels like labor. The gas pain are so severe. The gas pains during my menstrual cycle feel like my rib cages are breaking apart, just to let the gas pass. It hurts like hell to make a bowel movement during this time. Im going to make an appointment with gastroenterology dept. I can't keep going through this.
- —Guest Ms. ETS 23
i cant take it
- Im 23 years old have endometriosis, IBS and horrible perioids.. I've tried about 8 BC pills and seen lots of doctors.. I've tried hormone replacement therapy and even had surgery! Enough is enough.. I'm in so much pain I either lay in my bed for the duration of my cycle or spend my time in the bathroom feeling like death is knocking at my door. There has to be an answer right?
- —Guest torie
ibs and period
- i have been an ibs sufferer for many years - and it has always been worse around my period - here are some things i have found helpful - first off check out this site www.helpforibs.com - there are some great helpful ideas here - and a lot of helpful information - things that have worked for me are peppermint tea (my bff during my ibs attacks), acidophilus tablets (or any probiotic), cutting out dairy, and watching what i eat in general around the time of my period - for example eating raw vegetables on an empty stomach will send me right to the bathroom, i also take a probiotic (fiber) - i personally can not take metamucil or citrucel so i take the one from the site i mentioned above - it is much more gentle on my stomach - i also suffer from gastritis which also gets worse around my period - for that i take zantac but there are several over the counter meds that help with that - i also found that going to a gastroenterologist vs an ob/gyn was much more helpful in dealing with my ibs.
- —Guest rachel