IBS Symptoms and Diagnosis
Start here to obtain basic information about IBS and to find answers to common questions about the disorder.
- What is IBS?
- New Diagnosis of IBS? Start Here!
- Free E-Course: IBS for Beginners
- Picture Your Digestive System
- 10 Facts About Your Colon
- 10 Facts About Your Digestive System
- Ten Things to Stop Doing When You Have IBS
- IBS Essential FAQs
- What Is Your IBS IQ?
- Twelve Terms Every IBS Patient Should Know
- Post Infectious IBS
- Food Allergies and IBS
- IBS Research
- Best IBS Resources
- IBS Advocacy
- IBS Book Reviews
- IBS Blogs
- IBS Apps
- IBS Websites
Learn about the symptoms of IBS -- what they are and what might be causing them.
- Symptoms of IBS
- Stomach Problem Causes
- What's Wrong With My Stomach?
- Red Flag Digestive Symptoms
- Severe Stomach Pain: When to Go to the ER
- Worst IBS Symptoms
- IBS and Weird Symptoms
- Mucus in Stool
- Blood in Stools
- The Color of Stool
- Incomplete Evacuation
- Typical Pain Symptoms in IBS
- IBS Without Pain
- Anal Pain: Causes and Relief
- The Vasovagal Reflex and IBS
- IBS and Sleep
- Diarrhea Treatment Guide
- Anxiety, Stress and Diarrhea
- Constipation Treatment Guide
- Gas and Bloating Treatment Guide
How do you know if you have IBS? Here is what you need to know to make sure you get an accurate diagnosis.
- Diagnosis of IBS
- How to Find an IBS Doctor
- Is Your Doctor Right for You?
- Guide to IBS Diagnosis
- Reader Submissions: Diagnosis Experiences
- Colonoscopy Experiences
- Should My Doctor Run More Tests?
- Will I Need Surgery for My IBS?
- If It’s Not IBS, What Else Could it Be?
- The IBS Symptom Tracker
One of the most humiliating of all human experiences is to be the victim of a bathroom accident. Here you will information regarding what causes bathroom accidents and what you can do to try to prevent them.
- What Is Fecal Incontinence?
- Treatment of Fecal Incontinence
- Solesta for Fecal Incontinence
- What to Do if You Have Bathroom Accidents
- Causes of Bathroom Accidents
- How To Prevent Bathroom Accidents
- Bathroom Accident Reader Stories
- Dealing with Diarrhea Urgency
- Facing the Fear of Soiling
- Survival Kit for Bathroom Emergencies
Related Digestive Disorders
Here you will find information on other digestive disorders that either overlap or share symptoms with IBS.
- Anal Fissures and IBS
- Bile Acid Malabsorption
- Diverticular Disease
- Dumping Syndrome
- Dyssynergic Defecation
- Food Intolerance, Allergies & Sensitivities
- Top Ten Food Sensitivities
- Food Allergies and IBS
- Fructose Malabsorption and IBS
- Gallbladder Problems
- Gallbladder Removal
- Gluten Intolerance
- Habba Syndrome
- Comprehensive Hemorrhoid Guide
- Lactose Intolerance
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Sugar Intolerance
- Runners' Diarrhea
Overlapping Health Conditions
Unfortunately, IBS does not always stand alone. It can thus be hard to know how to manage other health conditions without aggravating your IBS. Here you will find information on some common health conditions as they relate to IBS.
- IBS and Other Overlapping Health Problems
- Allergies and IBS
- Bladder Problems and IBS
- Will IBS turn into cancer?
- Diabetes and IBS
- Interstitial Cystitis and IBS
- Depression and IBS
- Panic Disorder and IBS
- Prostatitis (Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) and IBS
- Thryoid Disease and IBS
- Urge Incontinence and IBS
The Science Behind IBS
Looking for more in-depth information regarding this complicated disorder? Read on to find out what's happening in the search for answers regarding the puzzle that is IBS.
- IBS Research
- Five Reasons Why IBS Is Not All in Your Head
- Free E-Course: IBS Beyond the Basics
- Motility Dysfunction in IBS
- Visceral Hypersensitivity and IBS
- The Brain Gut Connection in IBS
- Inflammation and IBS
- Gut Bacteria and IBS
- IBS and Stress
- SIBO and IBS
- Bloating and Distension in IBS
- Low FODMAP Diet and IBS
- Does Exercise Really Help IBS?
- IBS in Women
- IBS in Men
IBS in Women
IBS presents some unique challenges for women. The following articles discuss what is known about the effects of various female issues on IBS symptoms.
- Ten Intriguing Findings about IBS in Women
- Is It Endometriosis or IBS?
- IBS and Your Period
- What to Do for IBS and PMS
- Readers Share: IBS and Menstruation Stories
- IBS and Menopause
- Readers Share: IBS and Menopause Experiences
- IBS and Pregnancy
- Pregnancy and IBS-C Tips