pain left side
- My pain is on the left side and I feel bloated. I don't have diarrhea but it is soft most of the times. Once in a while it's hard and if I don't go at least for one day I really feel bloated. LOTS OF GAS PAINS & CRAMPING.
- —Guest Doreena
My ibs pain
- Just reading these other ibs sufferers stories, one symptom stands out: being so bloated I seriously look 6 months pregnant! Then comes usually the pains in my gut and wind for ages and then diarrhea. Iv just recently been to my GP and he said there's not much else I can do but take an antispasmodic, imodium etc. I usually find that a warm wheat bag helps but not with a nearly 3 year old full-time. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it as at the moment it's always at night :( I pray for the day they bring out something to knock all the symptoms out) lol.
- —Guest Pls go away!!
It feels like...
- ...a period pain, only deeper and less easy to blank out of your mind. It's as if I'm being punched from the front and back of my abdomen and it puts me off any sort of food.
- —Guest Anonymous
- Lower left abdominal pain, usually occurs after I have taken Miralax to help with constipation. Then I have looser bowels that feel like pre-diarrhea. So fun. I used to be normal. Only in my 50's has my digestive tract failed me so miserably. What would life be with this constant pain and discomfort?? Fun, that's what!!
- —Guest Liz
- My right side hurts so bad. Doc says it's IBS but I have no other symptoms like the dreaded green rapids or when traffic is backed up on the way to the dump. It just feels tight and swollen. I have been for tests last year for same problem but all came back clear. I just was prescribed an antispasmodic. It doesn't work.
- —Guest Lee992
- I have to agree with the contractions thing. Horrible contractions that at times makes me feel like I'm going to throw up as well. Cold, clammy, goosebumps, and then after I go the pain just leaves me feeling wrung out.
- —Guest ravyn
- MY PAIN IS ON THE LEFT SIDE CAN SHOOT UP MY SIDE TO MY ARM PIT OR DOWN MY LEG IN TH PIT OF MY HIP...I ALSO HAVE ACID REFLUX AND IM TYPE ONE DIABETIC...I AM HOPING FOR A CURE FOR ALL OF THIS BUT AM DOUBTFUL...IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT EAT SOMETHING DONT! EVEN IF YOU CAN SOMETIMES...EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SO DO THE ELIMINATION DIET AND KEEP A JOURNAL...DONT EAT ANYTHING THAT FEELS WEIRD OR NOT RIGHT...AND STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD AND SODAS!
- —Guest BSIBS
So sick of ibs
- Does anyone else feel sooo sick if they can't poop for even one day ?? I feel as though my stomach doesn't even remember how to push a poop out. Not to be gross, sometimes I even have to insert a finger in my butt to getting a pebble-like poop out. I'm so tired of trying all the so called remedies to make you go. Does anyone have any good advice. My doctors are useless at this point. I'm ready to check myself into the mayo clinic.
- —Guest Kj
Searching for answes
- I am 20 and had pain in my lower right side so bad that they hospitalized me for appendicitis- i couldn't move without it hurting but when i kept still the pain went (like someone cutting my muscles on lower right abdomen) but the next day after blood tests and scans coming back with nothing and the pull was lessened but the 'bubble' in my stomach was still there but passed as well in a few days. quite a few people in my family suffer from IBS and I have had it on and off for years but now it comes and goes for no reason. I find Peppermint oil capsules work but the discomfort is still there. Anyone else have this sort of pain?
- —Guest searching for answers
Pain right abdomen
- My pain is generally on right side abdomen and radiates to back. I had full blood test several times, ultrasound and endoscopy for upper GI. All came back normal but pain is always there. It's like pinching on lower right abdomen, under my ribs and back. It's horrible.
- —Guest Mehmet
- I find IBS pain to be like contractions as well...also like being stabbed in the solar plexus...or going into a super nova. White, hot pain...
- —Guest MissChris
Sufferers: Take a hydrogen breath test!
- Hi, all! As a chronic IBS sufferer with daily pain (often "stabbing" - I call that "guest" in my "abdominal hotel for transients" "Mr. Benihana"!), I was at least BLESSED that my GI dr., now on maternity leave, prescribed a test called the "Hydrogen Breath Test" for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)! Look it up and you'll see! It can save you from worse disaster! If you feel like you have an infection, but it's not a UTI or bladder infection, and you have IBS, you may have the related SIBO! That means bacteria in your small bowel, where it should NOT be! If there, bacteria eat away all the nutrients in the food you're eating! I had a positive result, and was prescribed an antibiotic - VERY expensive, but I'm thankful for it even tho' I'm now having to send a 2nd-level appeal to my ins. co., Blue Cross, with more back-up info, as it's considered "investigative"!... Anyway, try to get your GI dr. to authorize this crucial test!
there is hope
- I was recently diagnosed with ibs. It is too big of a pain to bear. I don't have the pains as often as the bowel movements, however when I do have the pain it is horrific. It feels how you all described it already. There IS HOPE. I found a book called "Eating for IBS" by Heather Van Vorous. I learned a lot about eating and avoiding certain foods as well as tricks to leading a normal lifestyle. The first chapter made me cry, because it was so comforting to know someone understood. This book was a giant help to me. I hope passing it on is a big help to all of you.
- —Guest dee
- This is the 2nd time in my 55 years that I have had horrible, burning in my lower right abdomen; it throbs, feels like it's on fire, and ready to burst at any moment. Going to the bathroom provides no relief. Walking today actually helped for awhile. I have had ovarian cysts but the doctor said he couldn't feel anything. Why is this happening now? Someone said hormones. I sweat and writhe in pain all day, which if fun while trying to put in a 12 hour day at work.
- —Guest guest menopause woman
- Sharp stabbing pains in my lower left side sometimes moves to the right. Very painful. Have to run to the bathroom-noting really helps. I do not eat - a little yogurt and tea helps me. I have had IBS since I was 11. I have to be careful what I eat - some things like wheat will kill me. No apples, etc. I do not eat meat (I am a vegan). It is scary-and sometimes it feels like you are being torn in half. Am having an attack now - I ate some corn and a few days ago had popcorn - I can not eat any of those things.
- —Guest blue