- I'm 22. i have ibs. i get pains in my navel and right side. its been going on 2 years now. i heard bananas and apple sauce works to relieve pain. some days i don't use the bathroom and some days i have to. just watch what you eat and god bless. we'll all pull through this together.
- —Guest newsomeboy
IBS pain better with Elavil
- Almost 3 years ago I was diagnosed with IBS-D. I am 25 year old female. Over the past 3 years I have had 3 colonoscopy, 2 upper endoscopy, and my appendix removed. During the first year and a half I went through many trial periods of different medicines including: Symax, Questran, Metamucil, Prevalite, Lotronex, a couple different Antispasmodics, and Lamotil. Nothing totally cured the diarrhea or the pain. The biggest concern has always been the pain, since the start I have had extreme pain in my lower right abdomen. A little over a year ago I started taking Paxil for IBS, It worked the best yet, after 7 mos I had to give up bc of severe side effects. I then took Lexapro...terrible. I am currently on Elavil (Amitriptyline) which is going well. Not to many side effects, pain relief 70% of the time, diarrhea relief 50% of the time. I also take probiotics everyday, which help. I wish I didn't have IBS, but it could be worse. I hope you all find some relief soon. Peace and Love!
- —Guest LL
- Im a 52 year old woman who generally has had belly trouble for years...either constipation or the opposite. In 2009 i started taking these horrible attacks (through the night)..i would projectile vomit and awful diarrhea....the getting sick is gawd awful...til there is absolutely nothing left then it is the dry heaves...i had my gall bladder removed last year and they thought this would help...but it didn't...is this IBS...the pains are like sharp stabbing pains...my ribs and back ache for days after a bout it is so violent. and im worn out...i haven't eaten in 4 days now since the last attack as i know what is going to happen if i do and i have to be at work...
- —Guest Cee Lee
Being so young.
- I am 11 years of age and I was diagnosed with this at 3 years old. Am on Mebeverine? And that doesn't calm it, What is a way to calm it down easily? :( I'm always tired and can never play with my friend as i'm on the toilet too often.
- —Guest Polly Pocket
weakness in stomach
- I have been having ibs bouts for close to three weeks now, people don't understand that its hard to stand up and walk, my stomach cramps are horrible, wake with them and sometimes go to bed with them, this is a very tiring and sad thing to have, sometimes it affects my breathing,,,what to do?
- —Guest cricket
- Ive read and heard that a big % of diseases have a "spiritual" root cause."A More Excellent way"-Henry Wright-...people claim to have been cured of IBS and other diseases after reading this book and acting on what it says. I haven't had the chance to get this book yet but if anyone does give it a try let us know of your results. I myself was diagnosed with IBS so i can definitely relate to lot of you alls experiences. Its almost impossible to live a "normal" life. God's word says that Jesus took our infirmities. I do believe its Gods will for us to be in health. MAYBE our answer to this sickness is found in God's word.
- —Guest annonymous
- I have ibs and recently i have had constipation and diarrhea. My right side is hurting really bad and i always have gas. I have only had ibs for a couple of years now and i hate it. My stomach is killing me and I am always hungry now. If i eat i just go poop it out right away.
- —Guest Waterway
- i have ibs and i'm miserable, hurts to stand up, makes me very sad, affects my breathing, pain under ribs and back,a nd whole stomach area, this is the worst yet.
- —Guest gay
- I suffered from intense cramping until I read about enteric-coated Peppermint Oil capsules that stop the spastic activity of the intestines. They are available in most health food stores like Whole Foods. I hope that this tip helps everyone find relief!
- Its horrible, as if my intestines are twisting in kinks. Its a really horrible none stopping pain, but every few minuites or so an exruciating wave of pain comes over me. Thew worst time I got it (one of my first times) was when I was 11, I ended up in hospital because the pain was so bad.
- —Guest annon.
I am exhausted by it
- I have had IBS for 30 years now. Most of the time, my upper intestines feel like someone is twisting them into a knot. The pain rarely ever goes completely away and I am feeling more and more tired, the older I get, from fighting this disease. I am trying the fodmap diet and am at the point where I will eat one food for the rest of my life if I have to. (if it will keep away the pain) I avoid travelling, as the constipation will get so bad that I won't go for days and then I can't eat anything or it will get worse. It ruins the vacation, so I do stay-cations. Stay close to my own bathroom. Most people, I feel, think I am a neurotic or something. Like I am making this up. It's just all so tiring.
- —Guest shelley
- I have just almost recovered from a week of severe pain! it felt like huge contractions, (probably put me off having a baby) I find myself curled up in a ball - in over 5 years of this pain I have found that a hot water bottle is my best friend! IBS does take over your body, puts a hold on your daily life! after eating a yoghurt it came from bad to worse! the pain lasted over 12 hours! so bad I was sick at least 8 times, all the acid inside is burning, and there is nothing you can do!! I'm scared to eat now- I don't think I can physically handle that pain ever again!! so painful, you will only ever know if your are an IBS sufferer.
- —Guest nugget
- I was prescribed Hyoscyamine for the pain. It is something that decreases muscle spasms, so it stops the intestinal pain. It is a small pill you put under your tongue, at the first sign of an episode, and it works quickly. It really works great!
- —Guest Liz
- Its absolutely horrible. It starts in my stomach and moves down into my lower intestine area. The pain is unbearable, to the point where I could throw up it hurts so bad. I feel like there a large object pushing its way through my digestive track. I only get t when I eat certain foods so about 4-5 times a month. But it is ridiculous. I hate the pain! By far the worst I have ever felt.
- —Guest sarascott1111
Sick of oatmeal.
- This all started with what i thought was food poisoning. Bubbles in stomach , always hungry. And in 6 months have had ultrasound, blood work, colonoscopy, endoscopy, ct scan, and they have found nothing but a spot on stomach with i think is gone , now my pain is a burning in my left side near lower ribs. I have lost 22 pounds and only weight 122 as it is, the pain has only got worse, diet is not helping, i have quit everything, coffee,mike products, and good food, i only eat soluble fiber , and im sick of oatmeal. Nexium made my bloat so bad i thought i was going to pop. Quit that, and now im done with linzess due to it not working. Probiotic didn't help either, then i bent down yesterday and it felt like someone stabbed me so back to the dr i went, they saw nothing , he wouldn't even give me pain meds,I m doing peppermint teas and nothing is working i wish this on no one.
- —Guest Ibs mike