From the article: Got Gas? Learn How To Beat Gas and Bloating
Since intestinal gas and bloating can be uncomfortable, not to mention embarrassing, it would be helpful to learn what you can do to ease your symptoms. Sometimes it requires a diet change, other times an over-the-counter product. Gas and bloating are symptoms that most people experience at one time or another, but rarely discuss openly how they deal with it. Here is a place to do just that: Learn what other people do to ease gas and bloating and share your favorite gas-reducing tip. Share Your Tips
- Please people, if you have not seen a gastroenterologist then you need to as Colon cancer and uterian cancer have these symptoms. Also, many other diseases as well that do have curses. Good luck and yes a good diet with same foods all the time help as well as a heating pad. Good luck!
- —Guest New guest
A simple exercise....
- Place one hand on top of the other and kneel on the floor. Lower your elbows and then forearms onto the floor and lay your face onto your over lapped hands. Spread your knees while leaving your bottom in the air. You can alternate the stretch by moving your back/spine. You will feel pockets of air at your bottom then just sqeeze out. Lay your head to the left for a few minutes and then to the right - it stretches out your intestines and allows the gas to flow through. Quick releif from severe pain and bloating. Do it through out the day and even on ten minutes intervals if pain is bad. You will feel your tummy deflate. I was told this via a doctor while pregnant - to help with wind, colitis, ibs and back pain. It really works.
- —Guest Daisha
- I have ulcerative colitis 1.5 year now i take only 2 pills for that!! I feel 2 months now bloated in my left abdominal!! I was make all test and is all clear the only think is i have varicocele 3 grade my GI told me my colon is very good and i haven't problem with it but my Urologist told me varicocele make me feel that symptoms!! I am confused and every day i feel terrible!! Can be ibs symptoms? Thank you!!
- —Guest Sotos
to pass gas
- Eat a tablespoon of mustard, and in about 30 minutes it should pass through.
- —Guest Dee Jones
- I found a homeopathic preparation called Gasalia and its the best OTC product so far.
- I find that getting down and sticking your bum in the air also helps, as well as drinking lots of orange juice and eating lots of fibre.
- —Guest No.
blood type diet
- Find out your blood type and buy the book 'Eat Right 4 (For) Your Type'. Try the 'beneficial' category for your type and see if after 2 weeks you see a difference. It is based on your stomach acid and it's ability to digest foods. I just ate some food that is on my 'avoid' list and I'm suffering right now!
- —Guest joyce
- i have ibs and colitis and whenever i have severe gas and bloating a teaspoon of olive oil brings instant relief.
- —Guest vladilyich
- I've been diagnosed w/ a stomach hernia and I constantly get bloated and gas. I found a natural remedy that you can do it yourself at home.... bay leaf tea 10 minutes after your meal, do not add sugar... it's flavor is not bad at all and believe me within 30 minutes you'll be fine...
gas bloating in stomach
- what can help ease pressure in my stomach to give me relief?
- —Guest roni
- Try to drink a little more water. ALso, massaging your stomach to push out the gas.
- —Guest 12345
How do you ease gas and bloating
- For me i bend down with my knees and elbows on the floor. The ass up in the air. It helps me to get the air out. Best way to do it is on the bed.
- —Guest Gas
What Helps Me For Bloating and Gas
- For the past several years I started getting stomach aches and gas pains/bloat for no reason that I could figure out, because I am 51 and have never had this problem until recently. I tried RX meds, over the counter, ginger capsules, ginger ale, and acidophilous. Some of it helped sometimes, but then I accidentally discovered Spirulina. Let me tell you, that prevents it for me. I take it every morning and I haven't had a stomach ache in a year; until today because things have been very hectic and I haven't taken it for the last two days. Today I am miserable. My stomach feels like knives are being twisted inside, I am bloated and it is even making my lower back hurt. I am now drinking ginger ale (Reeds seems to work best for me), peppermint tea and spirulina. Some people say green algae every morning prevents it as well, but I tried that and couldn't stand it. Spirulina comes in a pill form. Just wish I knew how to alleviate the pain once it is here.
- My gas pain gets so horrific it feels like knives cutting through me from inside. My doc just put me on dicyclomine 20mg, but it has a lot of scary side effects. I have crohns, already take to many pills ,HOPE IT HELPs!
- —Guest Furby
This is what has and has not helped me.
- I was diagnosed with IBS 20 years ago. Its a miserable condition. I have tried many things to help with the bloating and digestive problems but products like GasX can make matters worse if you take them within a few hours before or after eating. I have also found that high quality digestive enzymes like No-Bloat help the most. I heard they were even designed by a IBS suffering enzyme expert. Also like MaggieR says probiotics are a must.
- —Guest Benny
1-15 of 50Next